January 2007 marks the tenth anniversary of SoftCom.
The world has changed a great deal since we started. The Dot-com bubble saw the founding (and in many cases, dramatic failure) of numerous new Internet-based companies. The political and economic situation has been marked by increased globalization and the aftermath of the events of September 11th 2001.
Looking back to 1997 according to wikipedia.org:
- Bill Clinton was starting his second term as US President.
- The Green Bay Packers won Super Bowl XXXI defeating the New England Patriots, 35-21.
- Tony Blair becomes Prime Minister of the United Kingdom ending 18 years of conservative rule.
- The first book in the award winning Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling is published.
- On January 12, the computer HAL 9000 comes online (in 2001: A Space Odyssey)
- Microsoft buys a $150 million shares of financially troubled Apple Computer.
- The domain Google.com was registered
SoftCom has also seen some changes over the years.
- In May 1997 mail2web.com was launched.
- In June of the same year we offered Microsoft Windows web hosting services.
- In 2001 we added support for 16 international languages to mail2web.com.
- 2002 saw myhosting.com become the world’s largest Microsoft exclusive hosting company.
- Later that same year mail2web.com got involved in car racing sponsorship with the Porsche Team at the Le Mans 24 and as the title sponsor of the Mosport & mail2web.com Grand Prix.
- In 2003 we took two large steps forward by upgrading to Microsoft Server 2003 and moving to a telco-grade Data Center.
- The following Year we introduced a unique web hosting package; a blended Windows and Linux offering.
- 2005 was the year of communication and collaboration, seeing the launch of both Exchange email and hosted SharePoint services under mail2web.com.
- Early in 2006 we took web based email to the next level when we launched mail2web.com LIVE. A free email service based on Microsoft Exchange.
Today SoftCom provides valuable, efficient and cost-effective Internet based services to more than 16 million customers with support of 26 languages in 220 countries worldwide.
I can’t wait to see where we will take things in the next ten years!
SoftCom Technology Consulting Inc.