I believe it can change the world, even the longest journey begins with a single step.
There is a lot of talk about the environment and what we can all do to make the world a better place for the next generation. It is sometimes hard to wade through the conflicting opinions about what we should do. What makes sense is to act responsibly and use the fewest resources; this is true for people, families, communities, companies and countries.
As a hosting company we have tried to do our part by;
- Encouraging employees to use public transit by having flexible scheduling.
- Using Teleconferencing when possible to reduce plane travel.
- Updating our servers and other hardware to be more energy efficient.
- Replacing old CRT monitors with more energy efficient LCD ones.
- Adjusting climate controls in off peak hours to reduce consumption.
- Participating in Earth Hour 2008 and turning off our lights from 8:00 to 9:00pm on March 29th.
Earth Hour was created by WWF in Sydney, Australia in 2007, and in one year has grown from an event in one city to a global movement. In 2008, millions of people, businesses, governments and civic organizations in nearly 200 cities around the globe will turn out for Earth Hour. More than 100 cities across North America will participate, including the US flagships-Atlanta, Chicago, Phoenix and San Francisco and Ottawa, Montreal, Toronto and Vancouver.
For more information on Earth Hour 2008 and to find out how you can participate go to earthhour.org
V.P. Sales and Marketing
SoftCom Technology Consulting Inc.