As part of the Microsoft SQL 2008 Go Live program, myhosting.com has now launched SQL 2008 Beta Databases for all of our customers to try. Our Premium and Professional Windows hosting plans even include a 25 MB SQL 2008 Beta Database for free! Please note that the SQL 2008 Beta database won’t work with our Linux hosting plans, such as the Basic plan, but these accounts all include a free MySQL database.
If you are already using a SQL 2000 database or want to get a head start with SQL 2008, you can sign up from our Control Panel today. SQL 2008 databases are set up in real-time, and in a matter of a few minutes you’ll be up and running with your new database.
Once activated, you can use the web-based SQL Manager utility provided by myLittleAdmin for no extra charge, or you can use SQL Server Management Studio to access your database remotely.
Microsoft SQL 2008 includes many of the features you have become used to in SQL 2000/2005, plus the following new and improved features:
- Auditing of Data Changes
- Entity Data Services
- LINQ Support
- Data Synchronization Features
- No size restriction on User Defined Types
- Improved Date and Time data types and new Spatial Data Types
- XML Enhancements
- Table Valued Parameters
And just a few of the advantages of using Microsoft SQL 2008 include the following:
- Build next generation data-centric applications with the ADO.NET Entity Framework
- Revolutionize data access queries with LINQ
- Harness Data Platform technologies with Visual Studio
- Take advantage of a full range of data connectivity technologies
- Store any kind of data in SQL Server 2008
- Build highly scalable applications with SQL Server 2008
For more information on SQL 2008, please visit the Microsoft SQL Server 2008 web site.
SoftCom Technology Consulting Inc.