Microsoft expects to release beta2 of Internet Explorer 8.0 (IE8.0) in August. As a current tester of IE8.0 beta 1, I am looking forward to beta 2 to resolve some of the bugs & compatibility issues I have run into.
Microsoft’s strategy with IE8.0 is interoperability follow internet standards to display content by default on IE. For us website developers, this should have been the defacto way IE should have operated from the beginning, write once, run anywhere. Unfortunately this is not the case, and in order to properly render websites built for IE7.0 some modifications need to be made.
Microsoft has released some resources to help prepare us for the release of IE8.0, web site developers & owners need to start preparing and ensuring websites continue to operate normally under IE 8.0.
- Compatibility Knowledge Base article
- Internet Explorer 8 main site
- Internet Explorer Team Blog
- Internet Explorer Developer Center
- Internet Explorer 8 Readiness Toolkit (for web designers and developers)
- Microsoft Interop Principles
SoftCom Technology Consulting Inc.