My name is James and I work in the Operations Team at myhosting.com. I wanted to discuss FrontPage Extensions and the common issues that our customers run into and how to avoid or resolve them.
In my experience any of the following can cause FrontPage Server Extensions to seem broken or break FrontPage functionality:
- Executing CGI scripts can break FrontPage Extensions and may also damage the script itself.
- Reaching your maximum storage quota. If your account reaches its maximum storage quota, your FrontPage extensions may corrupt. For each child web you publish, FrontPage duplicates certain information into indices and hidden files. This adds “overhead”, increasing the storage space required for your files.
- Guestbook/Forum Spam: We have seen an increase in forum spam on the internet and the default guestbook/forums in FrontPage are vulnerable to spam attacks. As these attacks are usually generated by bots, the simplest way to combat this is to add a validation field to the form in which the user must type enter a simple number or word in order to submit the data. We have a captcha code sample that can be used in this case, it can be obtained by contacting our Support department.
- Too many files in a directory. While there is no set number, but having a lot of files will both slow down the indexing process (Fixing Permissions, Reinstalling Extensions) as well as the directory listing process when you first log in (server timing out).
To try correcting corrupted FrontPage Extensions on your account:
- Log into support.myhosting.com.
- Go to Site Management -> Web Site Tools -> FrontPage Extensions.
- Choose Fix my permissions and click Continue.
- If that doesn’t resolve the issue then Reinstall my Frontpage Extensions.
- If that still doesn’t resolve the issue then Completely uninstall and reinstall my Frontpage Extensions.
If none of the above resolves your problem, please contact our 24×7 support team.
SoftCom Technology Consulting Inc.