Running a professional looking website costs money, and possibly the most important component of this cost is incurred as web hosting costs. Since the web hosting package has to be renewed periodically, web hosting fees essentially becomes a fixed expense component incurred in running a website. For a non-profit organization, this extra cost can prove to be an extra burden since they would be utilizing their resources better in doing what they do best – helping the community. Free web hosting, therefore, comes in very handy for non-profit organizations.
Free web hosting comes in various forms. It can be availed from various sources, such as wordpress.com. However, a basic website on these sites lack many elements such as customization and features. A number of web hosts also provide free web hosting. Such free hosting is provided as a subdomain, wherein your site will be named something like yourname.hostname.com, thus denying a professional feel. It can also be provided with your own domain name (which you will have to purchase it anyway), but with very limited features, and frequently with display of ads. Again, this raises various issues, for example, the advertisements may be incompatible with the message of your non-profit organization.
The non-profit web hosting provided by myhosting.com addresses all of these undesirable issues associated with free web hosting. Our free web hosting for non-profit comes packed with a number of features that enable you to put your website in operation with minimum of fuss, and in a very professional manner.
Who is Eligible?
The following types of organizations are eligible for free a web hosting package from myhosting.com:
- Registered non-profit groups and organizations, e.g., those with 501(c)(3) designations, or CRA registered charities
- Governmental or Educational Institutions and organizations engaged in working for the greater good of the society, and
- Any other organization working for communities and contribution positively to the society.
What Will You Get?
The absolutely free web hosting available for non-profit organization come packed with a number of features that will enable your website to get an extremely professional look. These features, provided free of cost, include:
- Professional Web Hosting package, which includes additional features such as a dedicated IP address, a choice between Linux and Windows 2008 platforms with sufficient disk space, bandwidth and email accounts.
- Hosted Exchange email, as a part of the Professional package, and with features such as POP3, IMAP, OWA, SMTP, Google Postini Anti Spam and Virus Protection.
- Sharepoint Hosting, which will enable your volunteers and team members to collaborate seamlessly on various projects.
In return for these wonderful features, we only need two things – that you agree to our standard terms and conditions, and display a site-wide footer link back to our website. This will enable other eligible organizations like yours to discover our service, and contribute further to our community.
How to Start?
You can start on your way to receive free web hosting for non-profits by filling up a simple form with the required details. We will go through the form, and contact you within seven days to coordinate the activation of your website once your organization meets all the criteria of the Non-Profit Web Hosting Endowment.
Visit us here to learn more.
- myhosting.com offers Free Google AdWords Credits to Web Hosting Customers
- Domain Names, Web Hosting & Branding
- New Web Site! New Web Hosting Plans! New Hosting Platform!
- How Much is Too Much? A Perspective on Web Hosting & its Unlimited Potential
- myhosting.com offers a great range of Microsoft SQL Hosting Plans including a Free Starter Plan!