On September 6, 2011, myhosting.com will be making updates to our domain name registration and renewal pricing. We wanted to give you, our valued customers, advanced notice on these coming changes. In order to bring our pricing in line with the rest of the web hosting industry, our standard domain name pricing will increase to USD $14.95/year for most domain names.
While you may be used to our super low prices, which have been some of the lowest in the industry, myhosting.com has found that we were unable to maintain these prices at such a low rate. The reality is that the majority of our domain registration and renewal prices are below cost, meaning that we actually lose money for each domain name registration or renewal that occurs. Also, despite various registry price increases over the past couple years, we have kept our prices fairly static. Unfortunately, we will not be able to continue to do so, and we hope that you can understand our reasoning behind this update.
We will continue to offer unparalleled domain name support from our Domain Hostmaster and Customer Support team, as well as maintaining our introductory offer of a free domain registration for one year with each new web hosting plan. For more details on the domain name pricing update, please have a sneak peek at our updated price list. As well, we encourage you to review our list of Frequently Asked Questions below.
We would like to thank you for your patience and understanding in this matter. Please stay tuned for more news and updates regarding our hosting services, including any promotional offers on our FaceBook page and Twitter feed for both new and existing customers.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Why are domain name registration and renewal prices increasing? Previously, our registration and renewal prices were below cost and we have decided to increase our rates based on fair market value.
- Am I receiving anything extra with this price increase? myhosting.com will continue to offer the same superior level of Domain Name support and Customer Support that we have always provided.
- Can I expect another price increase in the future? No, there are currently no further price changes being planned for domain name registration or renewals.
- How will my existing domain name be affected by the price change? Your domain name registration service will continue as before. If your domain name renewal is processed on or after September 1, 2011, it will be processed at the new renewal rate. All domain renewals before September 1 will be processed at our old rates.
- Will a free year of domain registration still be provided with new hosting plans? Yes, many of the domain names we offer are available for free with a web hosting plan, including the majority of the most popular domain name extensions.
- I don’t see my domain name extension (TLD) listed in your updated price list. What is its price? We have recently discontinued selling some domain name extensions. If you do not see your domain type listed here, then you can refer to the following list:
.asia – USD $14.95/year
.bz – USD $24.95/year
.cn – USD $24.95/year
.li – USD $24.95/year
.me – USD $24.95/year
.ws – USD $24.95/year
.com.mx – USD $39.95/year
.mx – USD $49.95/year
- My domain name is registered through Network Solutions. Will it be affected by the changes?
Yes. Domain Names renewed through our Network Solutions account will be available at the following rates:
.com – USD $19.95/year
.net – USD $19.95/year
.org – USD $19.95/year
If you have any further questions or comments, please let us know in the Comments field below, or by contacting our Customer Support team directly by phone or email. We would be pleased to assist you in any way we can.