As you might have read in our previous post, Apple is closing iWeb hosting next year. Moving your website from iWeb to myhosting is simple. We have put together a quick video tutorial and some instructions on how to do this.
Open up your website in iWeb and follow the instructions below.
- Update your Publish settings by clicking your Site Name in the top left corner.
- Change the Publish To field to FTP
- Under FTP Server Settings enter in the following info:
- Server Address: your domain name at myhosting.com
- User Name: your FTP username
- Password: your FTP password
- Directory/Path: folder name to publish to. Generally you can leave this blank if uploading your site to the main root folder.
- Fill in your Website URL
- Click Publish Website.
That is it. Your website will now be published to your hosting account and available online using your domain name.
The above tutorial assumes that you have already added your domain name to your myhosting.com account and have updated your DNS. If you haven’t done that yet, please add your domain name to your account and update the name servers to ns1.myhosting.com and ns2.myhosting.com at your registrar’s control panel. Visit our Domain Management wiki for more information.