It is no secret that businesses must use effective marketing strategies in order to be successful. Such strategies generally aim to gain the interest of a large consumer base, which means businesses must have their names heard by a great number of people. Luckily, it is easier than ever these days for businesses to successfully apply effective marketing strategies and become thriving industries with the booming popularity of social media sites such as Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter and Google+.
Pinterest has rapidly gained popularity among the social media crowd, and it has become an important site for businesses to use in order to have their names heard. The site allows people to create virtual “pinboards” that are filled with images called “pins“. Users can organize their pins on their pinboards, and they can “follow” other users in order to be alerted of when fellow users post new pins and follow new users/boards.
Businesses can take advantage of the “follow” feature on Pinterest to attract consumers. For example, imagine there is a company called “Shamrock Cookies” that makes decorative holiday cookies. Here is a step-by-step strategy Shamrock Cookies could use to boost business:
- Shamrock Cookies follows a major company that has already acquired a large crowd of followers.
- The company decides to follow Shamrock Cookies, and the company’s followers will be alerted through a message.
- Such an alert causes some of the company’s followers to follow Shamrock Cookies.
- Shamrock Cookies is then able to post images and information about itself on its pinboard for all new followers to see.
- New followers who like Shamrock Cookies products will “repin” some of Shamrock Cookies’ pins, which means those followers will essentially advertise Shamrock Cookies’ name to all of their followers. This chain reaction quickly results in a massive network of consumers learning about Shamrock Cookies and buying its products.
There are a variety of other pin strategies that companies can use to keep followers interested. For example, a company can try creating a daily theme, and throughout the day, the company can pin images and messages related to that theme. In addition, companies can try posting news tidbits related to the products or services they offer. For example, a company that sells summer dresses could pin news to its board about how summer dresses are becoming more fashionable for women of all ages.
Pinterest’s features allow businesses to market themselves better than any other social media sites, so some companies may want to attract their followers from other social media circles. Facebook allows users to share pins from Pinterest on their walls, so businesses can make Facebook pages and share pins from their pinboards. Facebook users who “Like” a company page will be directed to Pinterest through shares, and they will be able to learn more about your products or services in a creative and interesting fashion. Twitter’s retweet feature is also an excellent way to advertise Pinterest pages as companies can tweet links to their Pinterest pages that will may retweeted by followers.
Businesses should take advantage of as many social network options as possible. Successfully using sites such as Facebook, Google+ and Twitter to direct consumers to informative Pinterest pages will help to rapidly improve your sales and reputation.