Exchange Email on BlackBerry
+ $9.95 BES
Sign Up Now »
Offered with our
Mobile Email Plan
With our BlackBerry® Enterprise Server add-on, you can stay in touch while in the office or on the road, wirelessly through your BlackBerry device. This "push" technology allows you to receive all your important emails and updates directly to your BlackBerry
smartphone or BlackBerry Playbook as they arrive, there's no need to manually initiate synchronization or even cradle your device for you to receive updates.
myhosting is proud to be a member of the BlackBerry Solution Provider and Solution Alliance Program. Solution Provider members have achieved the appropriate technical certification designations can provide "Authorized" Hosted BlackBerry® Enterprise Server services
myhosting.com provides BlackBerry Enterprise Server integration with Hosted Exchange Email services. This service is available as an add-on to an existing Exchange account and offers the following features:
- Complete, two-way wireless synchronization of emails, address book, calendar, tasks, and notes
- No need to have your PC running BlackBerry software; our servers do the forwarding for you
- Wireless backup of your device settings and preferences
- Delivers end-to-end Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) or Triple Data Encryption Standard (Triple DES) encryption that helps ensure the confidentiality and integrity of wirelessly transmitted information from behind the firewall to wireless devices in the field.
- Emails read on BlackBerry are marked as read in Outlook and Exchange Server
- Emails deleted on BlackBerry are deleted from Outlook and Exchange Server
- Emails sent on BlackBerry are saved in Sent Item folder in Outlook and Exchange Server
- You can view HTML emails with rich text and images.
- View email attachments in Word, Excel, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat formats and images (JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG, and TIFF) directly from BlackBerry
- Enhanced Attachment Handling allow you to view footnotes, tracked changes, embedded images within .doc and .pdf files, and viewing pan and zoom enhancements: supports "enlarge all" and "full image," enhanced PowerPoint viewing, and enhanced document viewing
- Filter emails based on your needs so you can decide which emails are delivered to your BlackBerry device
- You can accept appointments tentatively, with or without comments, and get notified of meeting conflicts and adjacent meetings.
- You can create recurring tasks and set a reminder date and time.
- You can simultaneously search your emails, contacts, calendar, tasks, and notes.
- Server-side search: You can even search for the messages not in your in BlackBerry and results will come from the Exchange Server.
- You can wirelessly set and manage your out-of-office auto-reply, and update your auto-signature.
- Categories: You can benefit from the ability to use categories within the Address Book, Memo Pad and Tasks applications.
- Support for additional Address Book fields: You can make use of additional phone number fields, home and work addresses and a URL
- Company Address Lookup: You can access your Global Address List (GAL) to send emails to internal contacts.
BlackBerry Activation Steps for Exchange Email
To activate the BlackBerry Enterprise Service for your device, your Account Administrator or Director will need to log into the myhosting.com Control Panel to sign up for the service. Once your BES service has been activated you will be presented with a page that contains both activation instructions as well as your activation password. The instructions and password will also be sent to the Administrator's email address.
From the BlackBerry home screen select the “Enterprise Activation” icon. If you do not see this icon, go to “Options” and then select “Advanced Options” and finally “Enterprise Activation”.
You will then be prompted to enter your Exchange Email address along with the Enterprise Activation password you were given when you signed up for the BlackBerry Service. Then click the trackweel or trackball and select “Activate”.
Your BlackBerry Enterprise Service
will then begin to activate. It will take
a number of minutes to enable and download everything over the air to your BlackBerry device.
When activation is complete you will see an alert on your device. Click on “OK” to finalize the activation and begin using your BlackBerry Service.
All mobile devices manufactured by RIM are supported on the BlackBerry Enterprise Server service. You must be a subscriber of the myhosting.com hosted Exchange email services to activate our BES Service.
System requirements include:
- Currently supported handhelds, including all BlackBerry devices.
- BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) data/airtime subscription from a Wireless Service Provider with support for BlackBerry Enterprise Service (BES)
- Features such as wireless contact synchronization, HTML Email, Document Search, Documents To Go and other advanced features require a BlackBerry device with upgraded firmware. myhosting.com does not provide support or software for device firmware updates. Please contact your service provider for updates.