Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
Tutorials and my Onclould Control Panel do not match Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tutorials and my Onclould Control Panel do not match

Under Hosting Tutorials - Control Panel at VPS Demos, Tutorials and Learning Center | myhosting.com there are tutorials for CPanel/WHM and Plesk Control Panel and Small Business Panel.

However, none of them look very much like my Oncloud Control Panel.

I recommend that you provide better documentation for the Control Panel that we are actually using for our Oncloud accounts.

Thank you for providing this forum for your clients to communicate with you.

Jim

Tutorials

Jim,

Which VPS plan do you have?

Shane.

Comment

VPS plan

Greetings, Shane

I have not seen the term VPS associated with my billing or plan or control panel. My hosting plan is professional. Does that answer the question?

Thank you for your interest in this topic.

Jim

Comment

VPS plan

Jim,

The VPS tutorials are for Virtual Private Server hosting.

You mentioned that have a "professional" plan. Is that shared hosting?

Shane.

Comment

Hosting Plan and Oncloud Control Panel

To see what kind of hosting plan I have go here: Power Your Web Site with Affordable Microsoft Windows and Linux PHP Web Hosting Plans | myhosting.com

My recommendation is that, what ever kind of oncloud control panel I have, there should be comprehensive information and tutorials that explain it.

I'm always grateful for anyone's help and interest and discussion.

Comment

Hi Jim, thanks for your questions.

We recently changed our control panel from myhosting classic to Cloud, which all new clients are being set up on. We're looking to migrate - hopefully soon all clients will be on cloud - until then, we're operating on both platforms.

Those tutorials are for myhosting classic, We`re working on the new Tutorials

For the technical issues - I suggest chatting with our CS superstars.
            1 (866) 289-5091 and they'll honestly be on the phone with you in moments!

Hope that helps!

Regards,
            Will
            Last edited by suwunk; 2010-09-25, 12:52 AM.

Comment

Thank you, Will.

Sometimes Myhosting support is really good and sometimes not so good. And yet I'm sure it's about the same with other hosting companies.

It's no big thing for me to persevere and be patient sometimes since sometimes the support person is so patient with me!

So, whoever is working on the new tutorials... thanks!

Comment

Hi Jim!

You can find documentation for shared hosting plans at http://myhosting.com/kb - This is where all the wiki articles are located for our OnCloud customers.

If you do have an issue or need guidance, please don't hesitate to give us a call. (1-866-289-5091 begin_of_the_skype_highlighting**************1-866-289-5091******end_of_the_skype_highlighting) We'll be happy to help!

Comment

wiki

It appears that all the wiki topics are the same as when this thread began. I don't see any info or screen shots or tutorials that specificially relate to the oncloud control panel.

Jim

Comment

Yes, some of the wiki articles are the same, but some of the configurations are different within the actual article.

We are working on adding more articles, to better reflect the onCloud control panel.

Was there a specific article you were looking for? We are open to any suggestions you have. Feel free to include them in your reply.

Originally posted by jimbaum View Post
                    It appears that all the wiki topics are the same as when this thread began. I don't see any info or screen shots or tutorials that specificially relate to the oncloud control panel.

Jim

Comment

I can't think of any specifics right now. It's been awhile. I solved most of my problems by calling the support phone number.

Thank you.

Jim

Comment

I like some the videos that are starting to show up in my oncloud control panel that show screen shots that look like my control panel!

Thanks,

Jim

Comment

Working...
                        X