Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
Which Plann? The one who supports PHP? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Plann? The one who supports PHP?

I am under the pro-Plann (Windws + Linux) which offer amog other things: "PHP 5.2.9 and MySQL". I think that everybody may understand that this plann is convenient because you are supported by 2 plataforms. I just tried to upload a CHAT, a FORM and a SEARCHER which requires AT LEAST "PHP 4" installed on the server. So, it sounds that the applications will work withouth problems, right? but No. The support department told me that my site is under WINDOWS server and does not support PHP. It's on "MY SUBDOMAIN" (my Linux account) the site where my applications will work. And they did, sure. (Under the linux account) So, is this true? PHP is not supported by Windows servers?

If my application work fine under linux, better I downgrade my hosting plann, because I don't want to handle subdomains everytime. What do you recommend me? A more dynamic applications will run under Linux, instead of win... unbelievable.

Re: Which Plann? The one who supports PHP?

We are now supporting PHP on our Windows 2008-based servers. Depending if you are on the Windows 2008 or Windows 2003 platform, you may or may not be able to use PHP on your Windows site.

The easiest way to tell is based on when you first signed up. If you activated your account before February 28, 2008, you will likely have the Windows 2003 platform which does not support PHP.

If you are not sure when you signed up, try connecting to your Windows-based hosting platform by FTP. If you see a /wwwroot directory, then you are likely on the Windows 2008 platform, which does support PHP.

If you're still not sure, you can can contact support@myhosting.com and they can tell you which platform you have.

Comment

Thanks a lot. Server 2003 vs 2008. That's the point! My server should be 2003. I joined Myhosting on 2003. But is there a way I can "migrate" or "upgrade" to the Win servers 2008? or does it mean to apply for anther account? Thanks again.

Comment

Originally posted by limakid
        But is there a way I can "migrate" or "upgrade" to the Win servers 2008?
        I would recommend getting in touch with our Customer Service department, they might be able to help.

Comment

Working...
        X