Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
Display New Products in home page by category + magento Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display New Products in home page by category + magento

Hi

I need to display the latest products in home page by category wise

I have used the below code in template home page

{{block type="catalog/product_new" category_id="<?=$_main_category->getId()?>" name="home.catalog.product.new" alias="product_homepage" template="catalog/product/new.phtml"}}

But it was displaying as it is in browser.

Can you tell me what is the problem?

Regards,
    Sobha Muktha

Hi Sobha Muktha

Have you checked this?
    Note that you must have some new products in your catalogue for anything to show when you do this. In this context new doesn’t mean that you’ve recently added them; only products explicitly marked as new using ‘Set Product as New from Date’ and ‘Set Product as New to Date’ options in the ‘General’ product information page in the admin tool will be shown
    Magento - Wiki - How To - Display products on home page

If you want to display new products on the home page, but want them organized by category
    Use this code:
    {{block type="catalog/product_list" category_id="2" name="home.catalog.product.new" alias="product_homepage" template="catalog/product/featured.phtml"}}

Where “featured.phtml” is a copy of the default new.phtml that you can style and format anyway you’d like. In the case above, we’re displaying products from the category id number 2.

Cheers
    Last edited by suwunk; 2011-03-04, 05:11 AM. Reason: Credit goes to Noam Design Group

Comment

Hi

There are new products in the site.Still i am getting the same problem

I have not added the block in cms block.

I have added the block in PHTML file. Can we do it or not?

Because i have to populate the new products based on the category.Please refer the image below

http://warriar.thestagingurl.com/test.jpg

Regards,
      Sobha Muktha

Comment

Don`t add the code on PHTML file, You should add that code in your CMS page.
        Go to "CMS" then "Manage Pages" and select "Home Page" from the list of pages. Now paste this code snippet
        Code:
          {{block type="catalog/product_new" name="home.catalog.product.new" alias="product_homepage" template="catalog/product/new.phtml"}}
        to show products labeled as "new" on your front page.
        Last edited by suwunk; 2011-03-04, 06:15 AM.

Comment

Hi,

If i add in CMS pages i will get only new products not based on the category selected from the tab.

How can i do that? is there any way?

Regards,
          Sobha muktha

Comment

If you want to display new products on the home page, but want them organized by category
            Use this code:
            Code:
            {{block type="catalog/product_list" category_id="2" name="home.catalog.product.new" alias="product_homepage" template="catalog/product/featured.phtml"}}
            Where “featured.phtml” is a copy of the default new.phtml that you can style and format anyway you’d like. In the case above, we’re displaying products from the category id number 2.
            Last edited by suwunk; 2011-03-04, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Hi All,

Please refer the above screen shot.

I need to display the categories in home page as tabs

If i click on tabs I need to display the latest products from the particular category.

for this i have done the category population. I have struct with latest products based on category selected.

Is there any way to do it

I can't go with block adding in cms bases.Becoz category id i don't know to add it as static

I want to do in Phtml file.

Is there anyway to do it.

Please help me

Regards,
              sobha

Comment

Hope this helps:

http://myhosting.com/blog/2010/08/tu...gento-website/

Comment

Working...
                X