Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
what would you recommend? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what would you recommend?

I want to get into niche sites and blogging, but i don't know where to start so i'm looking for some public opinion. I have a couple different ideas, and so here they are.

1. Create several different sites with unique domain names.
    2. Create one site with several sub domains.
    3. Start off on a publicly hosted blog site (like blogspot since word press doesn't allow monetized blogs on their public hosting).

I know that it's better to own your domain so I lean towards 1 or 2, but i don't know what sort of packages from here would be best suited to my needs.

Any input would be appreciated

The basic plan can be used for multiple domains includes a few email addresses and is only about $5 a month. That might be a good package to start off with and if you find out you need more you can probably upgrade easily to the next level of package.

That one sounds like it would work for either option 1 or 2 on your list though.

Comment

While Blogspot blogs are a great economical solution you definitely want to remember that by not having your own domain you will be hurting yourself in the long run... Whatever reputation (page rank) your blogspot URL gains will not carry over if you ever buy your own domain which means you will be starting from scratch...

You can still use Blogger and your own domain without needing hosting, but a few bucks a month might be worth it to keep your site hosted with MyHosting instead of on bloggers servers....

Comment

$5 a month would be pretty hard to beat anywhere else That might be my best bet since it leaves me open to a variety of domain options

Thanks for pointing that out to me SweetTarts

Comment

The basic plan sounds pretty ideal. It's super affordable so you can wet your feet without breaking your budget and it includes:

* Unlimited Hosting Space
          * Unlimited File Transfer
          * Unlimited Domain Hosting
          * FREE Domain Name
          * FREE Outlook Email and 10 email addresses

That's a pretty good starter setup, especially with the free domain name. That's a sweet addition.

Comment

Originally posted by Knightly View Post
            I want to get into niche sites and blogging, but i don't know where to start so i'm looking for some public opinion. I have a couple different ideas, and so here they are.

3. Start off on a publicly hosted blog site (like blogspot since word press doesn't allow monetized blogs on their public hosting).

I know that it's better to own your domain so I lean towards 1 or 2, but i don't know what sort of packages from here would be best suited to my needs.

Here is a useful article about the differences in hosting plans that may help you decide:

http://myhosting.com/blog/2011/01/di...hosting-plans/

Comment

I suggest finding a niche that has offers that pay well. IE some insurance leads pay upwards of ten dollars per form fill out..

Then I suggest using a keyword tool to see what kind of traffic each keyword that your interested gets.

Once you find a keyword that gets a decent amount of queries go ahead and try to register it as a domian. "note these days its almost impossible to registerer one words keywords. So I use long tail key words. IE hair cuts for men.. Rather then just hair cuts..

I hope this helps!

Originally posted by Knightly View Post
              I want to get into niche sites and blogging, but i don't know where to start so i'm looking for some public opinion. I have a couple different ideas, and so here they are.http://www.picturezvault.com/images/96/k/coo2.gif

Comment

Originally posted by SweetTarts View Post
                The basic plan can be used for multiple domains includes a few email addresses and is only about $5 a month. That might be a good package to start off with and if you find out you need more you can probably upgrade easily to the next level of package.

That one sounds like it would work for either option 1 or 2 on your list though.
                The domain hosting is free now, Check this out!
                With myhosting.com you can have multiple domain names pointing to a single hosting account. This is a feature known as a "Domain Hosting".
                http://myhosting.com/web-hosting/multiple-domains.aspx

Comment

Working...
                X