Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
upload asp on the cloud Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• upload asp on the cloud

I've used the upload asp on the classic hosting / older server. Now on the 2008 Windows Server (cloud) and the old script no longer works.
    Can someone direct me to the asp code so visitors can upload files to me?
    There should be two sections: HTML and ASP.
    Thanks for the help.

the asp code provided is particularly for windows server 2003 environments. On 2008 we provide an asp.net script.

http://myhosting.com/wiki/ASP.NET_Upload

Upload that as a .aspx file to your site space, create a subfolder called uploads and give that uploads folder full write permissions (you can do this using the File Manager in your onCloud control panel).

Comment

jeremya,

Thank you for the reply. I'll try that later today or tomorrow morning and let you know how it works for me ... either success or more questions.
      Regards.

Comment

Jeremya,
        Maybe I should change my name to "In over my head" ...

I tried the script and received a server error.

My site is not a sub-site but does reside inside my main site, like a sub-site.
        Do I need to change anything in this line:
        postedFile.SaveAs(Server.MapPath("~") & "uploads\" & filename)

I did create the uploads folder and set the permissions to write.

You have no idea how much a appreciate your help.
        regards

Comment

you mean the page is located in a subfolder? If so then you just need to include that path in the saveAs line and make sure your uploads folder is in the correct location aswell.

So if your site is at -http://yourSite.com/subfolder/- then you would need to make sure the uploads folder is created underneath the subfolder at -http://yourSite.com/subfolder/uploads/-.

Then, the saveAs line should read:

postedFile.SaveAs(Server.MapPath("~") & "subfolder\uploads\" & filename)

then it should work just fine

Comment

It's working

Hi Jerermya,

Couldn't get it to work in the secondary site, but was able to make it work just fine in the parent folder.

Now that I know it works for me, I can continue with my project.

Is there a way to have it accept multiple files ... say up to 3.

thanks ever so much.

Comment

everything's pretty hard coded, probably wouldn't take too much effort but here's a pretty good video tutorial which may help.

[How Do I:] Multiple File Uploads in ASP.NET*2: The Official Microsoft ASP.NET Site

Comment

All is good...

Jeremya,
                With the info and help you gave me, I've got things working.
                Now I need to learn a more about asp.net

Thank you very much.

Comment

Working...
                X