Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
Subdomains Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subdomains

How do I get more subdomains.

e.g forums.mydomain.com, news.mydomain.com

It's possible to change my linux subdmain name? change it from x.mydomain.com to anything else?

Re: Subdomains

Hi There,

Unfortunately you cannot change your Linux site sub-domain name after it is activated. The only way would be to cancel it, and once it is removed, sign up again and choose a different sub-domain name. If this is a serious problem for you, please contact support@myhosting.com and they'll see what else they might be able to do to help.

Also you only get one Free-Linux account so there's now way to add additional free Linux accounts or hostnames.

Comment

So there's no way to use a subdomain to point to another directory within the site? e.g. http://pics.mysite.com resolves to http://mysite.com/pics/ ?

Also, just to be sure I'm following this correctly... there's no way to specify directories w/in a CNAME alias, right? If I set "pics" to "@" it would resolve to http://mysite.com/...

Comment

Currently there's no way to point a sub-domain name to a sub-directory as you describe. We used to offer a service like this called DIR Aliasing but it required a second IP address, and was not all that popular, so it has been grandfathered.

Regarding CNAME aliases (sub-domains), you can create as many as you like from your DNS Management interface. You can point a CNAME at another IP address or another domain/sub-domain name.

Comment

Hello. Why can not I create a sub domain that points to a sub directory on my site. I do not want to acquire another IP. This is possible in all hosting I have with other businesses that are very basic. Because MyHosting.com so good at this subject can not handle something as basic

Comment

Hi There,

Right now we don't offer this feature. If you would like to see it added why not vote for the "idea"?

http://myhosting.com/ideas/Web-Sites/su ... ux-account

The more popular ideas are more likely to be implemented sooner!

Comment

has there been any update made to this particular issue? i'm a little confused i guess, can you not have sub domains at all through myhosting, or do you have to set them up when you sign up, or is it linus related only?

Comment

With new accounts created on our myhosting.com onCloud platform, you can setup subdomains the way this forum describes above.
                Those on our Classic platform can enter a subdomain during signup to add additional hosting plans on that subdomain.
                If you're interested in our new platform all new signups through our online store pages (Website Hosting & Domain Hosting | myhosting.com) are automatically setup on it.
                While we are preparing a migration in the near future, existing accounts looking to migrate must be done manually at this time.

Comment

Working...
                X