Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
How do I buy a dedicated IP and SSL? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I buy a dedicated IP and SSL?

Hi,
    I run a Linux basic hosting and I want a dedicated IP inorder to install a private SSL. I was checking some options like "Upgrades and Options" and I can not find the way how to purchase a dedicated IP. I just see: additional domains, upgrade your hosting plan, or add a search engine, but nothing regarding "dedicated IPs".

After that, I'll need to get the SSL. I found a page with a table of them, but same. HOW could I purchase a RapidSSL from MyHosting? Or tin this case it will appear like an option in the control panel?

I prefer to buy from MyHosting because I assume that under their control, all set up wuold be easier just because they are promoting those products. If I buy an IP and a SSL from other company, I will do a lot of contacts with MyHosting regarding some technical info, maybe incompatibilities arises up, and finally waste of time.

Any idea? suggestion? Or should I just contact them by email to make a purchase?

Thx a lot.

Hi Limakid,

I think dedicated IP is not available on basic hosting, you can get free dedicated IP on Premium Hosting Plan, Profesional Hosting Plan, and VPS.

You can get free Vanity SSL Certificate on basic hosting, but if you want a private SSL, you will need a dedicated IP address.
    Compare Web Hosting Plans | myhosting.com

myhosting Customer Support team will be happy to help you with this. You can contact them at support@myhosting.com, or by phone at 1-866-289-5091

Cheers

Comment

Ip, ssl, vps

Thanks for the reply. I received same answer from them. I don't understand very well the VPS. I am receiving this advertising. This is mostly for servers? for people who wanna rent hosting services? I am just single user, just use simple HTML, flash animations, chat, searcher and contact forms, all of them web based. Oh! Payment options through Paypal interface. My site does not process payments directly. Is it really significant the advantage I van get from VPS?

Comment

a VPS providing dedicated privacy, performance and flexibility.
        Hope this article helps;
        You’ve been operating your website successfully and suddenly it takes off like a rocket. You realize you have outgrown your shared hosting plan that you started with for about $10 a month but your needs are not quite as grand as justifying the expenditure of a dedicated server. What do you do?

Between the common ground of shared servers and the expense and private protections of the dedicated server, there is a solution. It is called Virtual Private Server (VPS) hosting and it provides the flexibility you need while remaining scalable and affordable.
        A further advantage to using a virtual private server is that you are isolated and compartmentalized away from other users. It is common that the space of a physical server is leased out to dozens or more other parties. Some servers offer shared hosting or free hosting. This is where all the other lessees share a common pool of resources. Such sharing can often hamper performance should you have high requirements.
        http://myhosting.com/blog/2010/11/managed-vps-hosting/

Cheers

Comment

Working...
        X