Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
Host Multiple Domains on a Singe Account Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Host Multiple Domains on a Singe Account

Hi Tochabu,

You can ask customer support to activate this domain hosting feature. myhosting Customer Support team will be happy to assist you with this. You can contact them at support@myhosting.com, or by phone at 1-866-289-5091

Cheers

Originally posted by tochabu View Post
    I am trying to find out how to be able to have the content of the website on domain.org appear when someone tries to browse domain.com, domain.us or domain.net. I have registered all 4 of them with myhosting, and have the website on the .org url.

According to this: Host Multiple Domains On a Single Account | myhosting.com, it is free and included with all hosting plans.

So far, I have not been able to discover how to do this.

Host Multiple Domains on a Singe Account

I am trying to find out how to be able to have the content of the website on domain.org appear when someone tries to browse domain.com, domain.us or domain.net. I have registered all 4 of them with myhosting, and have the website on the .org url.

According to this: Host Multiple Domains On a Single Account | myhosting.com, it is free and included with all hosting plans.

So far, I have not been able to discover how to do this.

Comment

Hello suwunk,
      Thanks for your response. I have asked them twice how to do this, and they replied as follows both times:
      1) log into your control panel via manage.myhosting.com
      2) click on all domains
      3) click on add existing domain registered elsewhere
      4) input the domain and details and follow instructions to complete adding the domain

The domains are already registered and in my account, so trying to "add existing domain registered elsewhere" fails because it already exists.

I sent another request asking them to activate the domain hosting feature, and the reply was that they will need to move the domains from other accounts. I am still not any closer to having the url of the other domains that I have registered be redirected to my main website. I'm not sure if I am missing something obvious.

Originally posted by suwunk View Post
      Hi Tochabu,

You can ask customer support to activate this domain hosting feature. myhosting Customer Support team will be happy to assist you with this. You can contact them at support@myhosting.com, or by phone at 1-866-289-5091

Cheers

Comment

You can use Domain Alias
        http://myhosting.com/blog/2008/07/ho...ngcom-account/

Or use Domain forwarding
        Browse to your control panel at https://support.myhosting.com.
        Enter your domain name and password and click on the Log in button.
        Click on Site Management.
        Click on Web Site Tools.
        Click on Forwarding.
        Select which service you would like to manage
        Modify as you wish.
        http://myhosting.com/wiki/Domain_Forwarding

Alternatively you can also set-up 301 redirection manually
        http://myhosting.com/forums/programming/1493-301.html

please let me know if it works for you or if you still have this problem

Cheers
        Last edited by suwunk; 2011-05-15, 10:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tochabu View Post
          The domains are already registered and in my account, so trying to "add existing domain registered elsewhere" fails because it already exists.
          When you log into your account and click on "All Domains", do you see all of the domains listed there?

If so, then you should be able to proceed to the next steps....

1. Click on the domain name you want to work with, and find the section called "Web Hosting".
          2. Click "Add Hosting". From the "Subscription" drop down list, choose the hosting subscription you want to associate your domain with. If you have only one subscription then it will be the only option. Then click "Next".
          3. If it is a Linux/Apache webspace and you want to point your domain at the root, type "/" in the location field. If it is a Windows/IIS webspace and you want to point your domain at the root, leave the location field blank.
          4. Click "Next" and then "Finish".

You can do the same for multiple domains/sub-domains, and point them to the root or any sub-directory that you wish.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Thanks, tima.

It is actually very easy once you understand what you are doing. I did receive a timely reply from support that explained this, and I just now had time to reply here. The domains work exactly like I wanted them to work - actually even better. In the past, I redirected domains, but this changed the url in the browser to the domain you were redirected to. Using the multiple hosting feature, the browser url does not change, although the content of the other site is shown.

Comment

Working...
            X