Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
New to VPS, how to create a sub domain? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to VPS, how to create a sub domain?

I'm involved in a project for someone, and attempting to get webmail working on their hosting. Coming from a shared hosting/CPanel environment, this is proving harder than expected.

This site appears to be using Parallels Plesk Panel 10.4.4, but when I try to find info about setting up webmail on that, nothing appears to be the same on this hosting.

From what I can tell you (myhosting.com) don't provide webmail by default, it's up to the user to install?

I notice the default DNS entries include an entry for webmail.mydomain.com but that it doesn't do anything.

So I'm trying to set up a new sub domain, but I don't seem to be able to set it up correctly. I can't ping the subdomain I set up, so keep removing them and deleting the sub domains. I don't know what sort of DNS records I need to set up, if the DNS entries that are added by default are valid, and whether the sub domain DNS Zone management should be turned on or not.

I can't seem to find any step by step instructions so I don't know if the random articles I'm coming across are telling the whole story, and I don't know if I'm doing it right.

Hi There,

I`m sorry to hear that you are having problems with your VPS, have you tried to contact customer support at support@myhosting.com, or by phone at 1-866-289-5091?
    BTW, i`ll submit your problem to myhosting staff. I hope that they will help you as soon as possible.

Cheers

Comment

I have now emailed support, will see what they can do to help me. Thanks.

Comment

I hope you found what you were looking for! I believe the default domain (xxxxxxx.myhosting.com) is only setup with basic hosting by default. If you add a new domain name through onCloud, sync it to Plesk, and then add hosting to that it will be setup with email, webhosting and more including all of the required DNS entries.

To register a new domain name in onCloud and sync it to plesk, see the following KB article : http://myhosting.com/kb/Adding_Domai...VPS_with_Plesk

Comment

To create a subdomain just go to cpanel for the domain you want to make the sub-domain with. Select the "create sub-domain" icon. Create your subdomain. Then go to the control panel for your domain. Create a new A-Record with the name of your subdomain. Example say your new subdomain is xxx.moneyshot.com you would want to create a new A-Record with the name "xxx" then just enter your ip address in the value window next to it and your done.

Comment

Working...
          X