Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
Need Help in uploading software Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help in uploading software

Hello,

I am new to VPS. I am a trader and I trade on Forex markets. I have a trading software which I got from the broker. I want to run it online 24/7. Since it was difficult for me to keep the computer running all the time, I signed up for the Windows VPS.

Since I am totally new, I will be grateful if anyone could teach me how to:

1. Access my VPS windows platform
    2. Install my software there.
    3. Keep it running 24/7

That is all I need.

Thanks,
    Abhinav Asthana

Hi there,

1. Access my VPS windows platform
    ==============
    > To access your Windows VPS:
    1) Log into https://manage.myhosting.com with the username and password you supplied during signup.
    2) Click the Windows VPS tab (if you don't see this, select your Windows subscription from the dropdown list at the top right of the screen.
    3) On the Windows VPS tab, you'll see a download link for RDP (Remote Desktop Protocol). Download that file and run it.
    4) Remote desktop window will ask you for your VPS password. Grab this password from the Windows VPS tab you downloaded from.
    5) Now you should be logged into your VPS!

2. Install my software there.
    ==============
    > The software can be installed like any other by downloading the install file and running it either from Metatrader's website or from your broker.

Some brokers offer the software explicitly so it is recommend you contact your broker before installing to see if they provide it. While myhosting.com provides the VPS server and will support the server itself, the network and infrastructure, support for MetaTrader software and Forex trading must come from MetaTrader/Metaquotes or your broker.

3. Keep it running 24/7
    ==============
    > instead of logging out of your remote desktop, simply disconnect instead. This will keep your desktop session running permanently unless you manually choose to log off or the server is rebooted (we will notify you well before any routine maintenance so be sure to keep an eye out for those notifications!).

As taken from http://myhosting.com/kb/index.php?/article/AA-04653

Comment

Working...
    X