Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
Blogging alternatives Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blogging alternatives

Although I've heard a lot of great things about Joomla and WP, are there any other blogging platforms making waves these days?

Not too sure, hard to change once u've spent so much time learning one of them such as WP...does what i need.
    http://www.thepictureshare.com/img/j/B.jpg

Comment

My friend Qasim Virjee actually blogged about this - here's some of what he had to say

* Web Media Explorer - When content repository meets media blog; a fresh approach to content management and web publishing where hard disk storage is crawled for content and organised through posts, galleries and RSS feeds automatically!
      * Gekko - a simple CMS that features a stripped-down interface (including cool things like instant visual module re-ordering) with all the basic community bells and whistles - ie. comments, guestbook, profiles etc. Unfortunately the project's in Spanish.
      * Typo 3 - Asides from Drupal and Joomla, Typo3 is probably the third most used Open Source CMS. The project's been developing steadily since I last paid them a visit - they've got a new BETA as of last week and some cool features like Inline Relational Record Editing...

for the whole post, click here Alternatives to Joomla?

Comment

An update on CMS options...

Hey guys,

Melissa, thanks for referencing that old post I did regarding alternatives to Joomla. Since it was published, we've put a lot of weight behind Drupal but its learning curve is quite steep so for some folks who aren't too tech savvy or otherwise want to start a blog but have a couple nice features Wordpress may not be able to provide easily, I'd recommend the following:

* Posterous (info: The state of the Web and why we *love* Posterous | designguru )
        * Indexhibit (info: When a CMS is overkill | designguru )

Cheers,

Qasim
        Principal @ Design Guru - Frontpage | designguru

Comment

Thanks Qasim!

I googled Alternatives Blog Joomla and was so delighted to see you as one of the top blogs! Thanks for posting on our forum, always great to have gurus like yourself in the community

Comment

[QUOTE=designguru;1585]
            * Indexhibit (info: When a CMS is overkill | designguru )

like this a lot

http://www.imgsnatch.com/img/n/9.jpg

Comment

Gekko sounds pretty sweet, I'll probably give it a test run with one of my start-ups.

Comment

Working...
              X