Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
Because .ME is about YOU! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Because .ME is about YOU!

Because .ME is about YOU!

With the recent launch of the .ME top-level domain name now is the perfect time to stake your claim to your personal space on the internet. This new domain name is perfect for individuals, families or groups who want to identify themselves on the net.

And myhosting.com provides you with a few different options for hosting your new domain name.

You can receive the first three months for free with a new hosting plan and our Extended Summer Promotion and get up to $78.85 in savings! This offer is valid only until September 22, 2008, so act now!

If you already have a hosting account and want to point a new .ME domain name at your existing web site, you can activate a Domain Name Alias for your account. All accounts include a number of Domain Name Aliases, so the only cost is the domain name registration fee.

If you want to reserve your domain name now and decide how to use it later, you can sign up for Domain Parking and pay only the domain name registration fee.

If you have a website elsewhere and want to redirect traffic from your new .ME domain name, you can sign up for Domain Forwarding for only $15.00/year plus domain name registration fee.

Re: Because .ME is about YOU!

Its really a very good post..Thanks for posting it.

Comment

Interesting. Thanks for the informative post.
      http://www.thepictureshare.com/img/j/B.jpg

Comment

i don't really think that people put a lot of stock into dot me's. i like the spin you're putting on it though, that's a really awesome slogan and idea for it, but most of the general public shuns anything that isn't a dot com.

net's and org's can be all right, but most of the others are pretty taboo.

Comment

.ME Domain Name

.ME is actually the country code for Montenegro.

Shane.

Comment

I had no idea that it was a country code for anything, that's actually really interesting though. I guess in this case (with that slogan) it's being misrepresented a bit then if it's meant to be for Montenegro sites and things...

Comment

Country Codes

BatMan,

If the top-level domain name is only two characters long, then is it a country code or region.

For example...
              .ms is Montserrat (not Microsoft)
              .im is the Isle of Man (not Instant Messaging)
              .tv is Tuvalu (not television)
              .ws is Western Samoa (not World Site)

A complete list can be found at The Internet Assigned Numbers Authority.

Regards,
              Shane.

Comment

You learn something new everyday I guess.

I honestly didn't know that, so thanks! I guess the lack of seeing those codes used very often, at least in the US, kind of leaves that piece information out of common knowledge.

Comment

Country Codes

BatMan,

The US has its own country code (.us). Canada has its own country code too (.ca).

Regards,
                  Shane.

Comment

Well yes, I'm well aware of THOSE country codes, however being in the US you rarely see them used is what I was getting at... Hence my lack of recognition of ME as a country code especially after seeing presented in the manner that it was.

Comment

Country Codes

It is confusing.

Canada, however, has presence requirements, which means that you can't get a .ca domain unless you live in Canada.

I'm not sure about the US.

Shane.

Comment

If it's .ME it's for Me

I've done a lot of research comparing .com to .me and it seems as though there's no concrete difference in search engine results, so now is definitely a good time to get in on what will soon become rare .me URL's.

Comment

Originally posted by InternetGenie View Post
                          I've done a lot of research comparing .com to .me and it seems as though there's no concrete difference in search engine results, so now is definitely a good time to get in on what will soon become rare .me URL's.
                          Interesting!

http://www.imgsnatch.com/img/n/9.jpg

Comment

why by ME

What's the benefit of order a .ME domain name other than being able to find a name that was unavailable as a .com?

Comment

that is helpful to know. I wonder if .me will eventually perform better than .com, or if there's a difference at all.

Comment

Working...
                              X