Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
Disk and Bandwith overages Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disk and Bandwith overages

Every time my account goes over on usage you guys bill me instead of deactivating it like it says to to in my account settings. This setting has not changed in 5 years. Late in 08' I pointed this out to you guys and got an email back say you were sorry, that it was a computer glitch and it wont happen again. I just reviewed my bill for the year and it has happened 3 months out of this year. What is the deal? Is it impossible for you guy to follow the setting in my account?

Hi There,

If you would like, I can ask someone from our Customer Support department to contact you so they can discuss specific details about the billing of your account in a more private manner.

Regarding Disk Space limits, our storage limits are not hard caps. If you reach the limit you are allowed to exceed it and are billed in arrears for any additional usage. There are a few reasons for this. For example, if you have a database driven site, your site could potentially break once you reach your storage limit.

Further, we do have an option to have your site stop once it reaches 100% of your bandwidth limit. However setting this preference doesn't affect your disk space limit or overuse in any way.

You can always check your disk space limit and usage from your control panel at https://support.myhosting.com.

Also, for Premium hosting customers, if you activate your Free Linux account you can get an additional 10 GB of storage there also.

Comment

true, tracking has been really easy for me

Comment

Yep. Need that bandwidth. Always keep an eye on it.
        http://www.thepictureshare.com/img/j/B.jpg

Comment

what's bandwidth

What is bandwidth anyway?

Comment

Besides

Unless you're a monster business, you probably won't have to worry about. If you're a super busy business, then yeah, you should go for a more robust package to begin with.

Comment

I am not sure why that is happening to you but I use a lot of bandwith myself and rarely come close to the limits. Maybe it really is a glitch? I would get that checked out!http://rewardslink.info/flash/images/58.gif

Comment

Working...
              X