Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
Email Outages Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Email Outages

My users are going berzerk as a result of these POP/IMAP email outages. The problems have been intermittent for weeks, and some days (such as today) we cannot access our email for extended periods (hours). Email is a mission-critical communication element for any business. If our email is down, we are dead in the water.

This really is unacceptable. As a minimum courtesy, I expect some degree of compensation for the sub-par quality of your email servers. You've created unreasonably high levels of stress at our office, and most likely offices across the country, because your email services are unreliable and unstable.

Re: Email Outages

I totally agree, we've had email problems for the past week and I'll I get is a message on support saying to "stay tuned" is that it? Usually, you pay for good service and support, we are receiving neither. I remember this happened last year and when service finally came up after 2 days, support acted like nothing happened. Email is critical to all business, and having any outages affects everyone. I've good users across the country asking when their email service will be up and have NO answers for them.

Seriously, can anyone recommend another quality hosting service that we can switch to?

Comment

This is absolutely ridiculous! We have client deadlines to meet today and because we can't email anything, we're in some serious trouble. I'm sick of being told "we're working on it." If I wanted a flippant answer for a business service, I'd save the money and go with a free host.

This needs to be permanently resolved, my clients don't want to hear "sorry we couldn't get our deliverables to you, our hosting service failed us, yet again..."

Comment

I'll add my complaint to the list. E-mail has gotten progressively worse, and supports only response to an open ticket is "we can log on to your account".

I'd hate to move after many years, but hosting solutions are a dime a dozen, and many cheaper then myhosting... even an acknowledgment and statusing of what the problem is would help.

Comment

I'd like to add one more point to my original post- why is it impossible to reach anyone live at MyHosting?? I can't get anyone via the online chat or phone. So I'm basically stuck here with no updates or estimation of when we'll be functional. By now I'm sure my clients are thoroughly impressed by their inability to send or receive email from us ALL DAY.

Has anyone else been able to reach any service reps?

Comment

Originally posted by lizerk
            I'd like to add one more point to my original post- why is it impossible to reach anyone live at MyHosting?? I can't get anyone via the online chat or phone. So I'm basically stuck here with no updates or estimation of when we'll be functional. By now I'm sure my clients are thoroughly impressed by their inability to send or receive email from us ALL DAY.

Has anyone else been able to reach any service reps?
            I spoke with one over the phone earlier today and he mentioned the following:
            -all of Myhosting's internet mail (POP/IMAP) servers are down or experiencing issues
            -the intermittent connectivity for the past few weeks is caused by the same problem that has downed the servers today
            -they are working with the developers of the email server software to resolve the problems, but there is no ETA on the fix

So in other words, they've known of the problem but haven't alerted us. Additionally, they don't have a system in place to deal with failures like this, because when the servers go down, email is dead. This is awful.

Comment

I have one very angry client in particular that has no email and I have no idea what to tell them. Email is a absolute critical part of their business.

Please fix this ASAP.

Signed,
              Angry in Maryland and New Jersey

Comment

Agreed. Email is definitely mission critical and I would think that if the problem exists, we would be notified about it in some way or another. No ETA? What are all the hosting $$ paying for anymore??

Comment

I think myhosting's policy of not letting anyone know when there is a problem is fantastic, tony yustein and co. are top notch and suitable to all business models. I love telling clients that I have no idea when email will be fixed - it's an answer that keeps on giving.

I've also heard that their customer support has been expanded and it now run by a fundamentalist high school av club which just upgraded to dial-up, which crazy new features like support via fax.

Comment

Just spoke with Customer Service ... who said the "problem has been fixed" and that there is a "backlog of requests" at this time. They are estimating another 1 - 2 hours ... :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by abesselink
                      Just spoke with Customer Service ... who said the "problem has been fixed" and that there is a "backlog of requests" at this time. They are estimating another 1 - 2 hours ... :evil:
                      Thanks for sharing the update. (nice to see that we have to get answers from other paying customers and not the service providers themselves.)

Comment

After two weeks of problems with my previous hosting company I joined myhosting today. Like most of you I can't get my email. This is not a good sign. :?

Comment

It must have been my lucky day - I talked to a human within a couple of minutes.

Having said that, it still doesn't seem like reasonable customer service to leave everyone hanging. I certainly couldn't get away with it in my business!!

Comment

Originally posted by abesselink
                            It must have been my lucky day - I talked to a human within a couple of minutes.

Having said that, it still doesn't seem like reasonable customer service to leave everyone hanging. I certainly couldn't get away with it in my business!!
                            They probably flagged me as "must avoid" since I've been pinging them with angry messages all day. (Nothing nasty, just relaying the adverse affects this is having on my two companies) I've had to leave voice mails, send a "call me" request, got timed out of the Live Chat before a rep would come on 6 times and sent several notes to customer service. What a productive day at the office! *sarcasm*

Comment

I use this email address for business. There should be an update on the myhosting.com site and not just here. If I am paying for this service, then when it's not working it should be prorated. I don't get paid when I am not working, so why should I pay for service I am not receiving?

Comment

Working...
                              X