Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
i can't receive email from server Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i can't receive email from server

Hello,

I cant received mail from server.
    i had uploaded one test mail script & run on server, it gives me message "Mail Sent".
    But i am not received any mail.

Please reply

Thanks in advance.

Thanks
    Tejas

Re: i can't receive email from server

I cannot receive mail either. it is 7.34 am PST

what's going on?

Comment

Same old, same old with these guys. It's getting to the point of being ridiculous not only frustrating.

Comment

The load on the mail servers was at a critical level this morning and we took measures to resolve the issue. At the moment your email should be functioning normally. We have a solution that will resolve this issue permanently but we are waiting on delivery of some custom built hardware to add into our system. That hardware is expected to arrive by the end of the week or early next week. The issues that you've all have been experiencing will be resolved in the next few days. I apologize for any inconvenience that the intermittent mail service may have caused.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Daryl Brown
        Key Accounts Manager
        http://myhosting.com
        http://mail2web.com
        http://softcom.biz

Comment

Tonight (March 6th) we will be performing maintenance on our mail servers starting at 10 PM EST. We expect that this maintenance will take a couple of hours to complete. This will address the issues that have been affecting the slow delivery times many of you have been experiencing. Any mail sent to your addresses will not be lost during the downtime and will be delivered to your mailboxes upon completion of the maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience of having to go without email again for a couple hours this evening. We have scheduled the maintenance later in the evening in hopes that this will cause the least amount of disruption.

Remember to check the status blog at http://statusblog.myhosting.com/ for updates.

Regards,

Daryl Brown
          Key Accounts Manager
          SoftCom Technology Consulting Inc.

Comment

Unfortunately the planned maintenance to the mail system for tonight has been postponed. This upgrade to the system hinged upon a delivery of new hardware. We were expecting that shipment to arrive early today but it has been delayed until early next week. We will be performing the upgrade to the mail system as soon as possible; likely the same day that we receive our delivery. We will again schedule the maintenance for later in the evening so that the downtime will have as little impact to our customers as possible.

Once the maintenance is completed this will drastically improve the reliability of our mail system. We expect that the changes that we will be making will renew your faith in our email services.

Regards,

Daryl Brown
            Key Accounts Manager

Comment

The postponed maintenance from last week for the mail servers has now been rescheduled for tomorrow evening (March 10th) at 10:00 PM EST. The work that we will be doing requires us to take the mail servers offline to upgrade the system. When this is all over the slowness issues that have periodically been affecting many of our customers will be resolved. Please note that no mail will be lost during the downtime. Once the maintenance is complete any messages that were sent to you will be delivered. I apologize for any inconvenience that the downtime may cause and hope that scheduling the maintenance later in the evening reduces the impact to your businesses. If you’re looking for any updates about the maintenance please check our status blog at http://statusblog.myhosting.com.

Regards,

Daryl Brown
              Key Accounts Manager

Comment

Well it appears that the expansion and upgrade of the mail system last Tuesday evening is proving to be the solution to the slowness issues we were facing. So far everything is running smoothly and very efficiently. We've been monitoring the system carefully since the maintenance and even in our peak times the system is handling all the mail excellently. I want to thank all of you for your patience while we investigated the issue and for then having to wait for the new hardware to arrive. I'm confident that now with the updated system in place that we'll be able restore your confidence in our email services again.

Thanks,

Daryl Brown
                Key Accounts Manager

Comment

I have had this problem for over 2 years and I never get a satisfactory solution from my hosting tech staff. It is a question of getting my email forwarded from my accounts. Mostly to Gmail but I said mostly. That may be because I use Gmail the most. The tech staff comes up with the same old tired stuff and asks me if I can forward it to here and there and that they do this and have no problem but it persists. Being a Tech from over 30 years ago I realize that it is hard to fix an intermittent problem but at some point it needs to be resolved, yet the problem goes on and on, year after year!

Comment

Working...
                  X