Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
Complete Outage: What just happened? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Complete Outage: What just happened?

So for the past 10 minutes or so everything was down (myhosting.com, our email, our website). Now everything is back online.

Care to tell us what that was? Losing access to everything during critical business hours is not acceptable.

Re: Complete Outage: What just happened?

I second this!! In that time frame during the panic we had people from other providers send test emails to see if they received bounce-backs. Not only did they not receive bounce-backs, THE EMAILS NEVER CAME AFTER SERVICE WAS RESTORED!!!!!!

Absolutely detrimental to my business! I can't even begin to explain how bad this is for us in our line of work.

Between the last disaster and now this, we are switching to a new host in April.

Comment

Originally posted by lizerk
      I second this!! In that time frame during the panic we had people from other providers send test emails to see if they received bounce-backs. Not only did they not receive bounce-backs, THE EMAILS NEVER CAME AFTER SERVICE WAS RESTORED!!!!!!
      Uh-oh. Can we get a confirmation on this? If mails were LOST during that period, we are in serious trouble.

Two major network failures within 30 days? I can no longer trust this provider.

Comment

This morning we experienced a network outage that affected all services. The network was down for about 15 minutes. During that time any mail sent to your accounts would not have been able to get through but once the outage was over the sending mail servers would have attempted to resend. You should have received all the emails sent during the outage by now. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Regards,

Daryl Brown
        Key Accounts Manager
        SoftCom Technology Consulting Inc.

Comment

Is anyone else having an outage today as well. We haven't been able to access email or bring up our website all day. 10 to 15 minutes is not a problem for us, but all day is a huge problem especially with no information on the status blog and no one at customer service picking up.

Comment

Hello Jenny,

No, that was an isolated and rare instance, and we have not encountered any further outages. Have you contacted our Customer Support department? It may be an issue affecting only your account. Based on what I can see, it would appear that your domain name may have expired. Since you didn't transfer your registration to myhosting.com, you might need to get in contact with the company you initially registered it with to renew it.

Comment

I had a brief period today where I could connect to the ftp and work with Dreamweaver on the files but the site was unavailable on the net.

The domain in question is registered with Network Solutions but the site is hosted here.
              Would this have been an issue with Network Soultions or Myhosting ?

Comment

Hi Zath,

We're not encountering any outages or issues currently. If you're still having issues its possible it could be related to your account specifically. Our Customer Support department would be more than happy to help! You can reach them by phone or by email at support@myhosting.com.

Comment

Working...
                X