Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
Unlocking domains for transfer out Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unlocking domains for transfer out

How do I unlock a particular domain and transfer it out?

I go to manage.opensrs.net and when I go to the Domain Locking screen, I get a me3ssage that "NOTE: Locking cannot be enabled/disabled from this interface".

I then go to my support.myhosting.com control panel for the very same domain, and there is zero reference to being able to unlock my domain.

How do I unlock a particular domain and transfer it out?

Hi barryi,

I am going ahead and forwarding your question to one of my colleagues and will get back to you with a response as soon as possible.

Let me know if I can be further help.
    Thank you,
    Birge

Comment

Our Customer Support team can help you unlock your domain name and get the transfer key (if necessary). Then you contact the new registrar and ask them to initiate the transfer for you.

And if there's anything we can do to convince you to keep your domain name with us, let us know!

Comment

it looks like I have about 14 domains with you guys.... you mean to tell me I have to email 14 different times just to have my domains unlocked?

Really?

Comment

I'm having trouble trying to figure out what you are saying Sherin. Do you mean that you transferred a domain here and had great customer service results or are you saying something else?

I don't really want to click that link because sites with urls that don't make any sense (or use real words) make me uncomfortable.

Comment

control panel

Most domain names come with domain manager or control panel. From there you should be able to manage all the contact detail include lock/unlock domain.

Comment

great resource

I was also recently tipped off to this which might help:
              Need Help? Search Our Database Of Commonly Asked Questions | myhosting.com

Comment

Same problem here.

How do I transfer my domains OFF myhosting?

I have worked with several registrars and while some do make it difficult to transfer domains off, this is the first time that I have come across a registrar that makes it IMPOSSIBLE by not including it anywhere in the control panel.

So, I can't change nameservers and I can't transfer off.

Looks like I may have to reconsider getting domains from NameJet if they are automatically sending my domains here.

Comment

Originally posted by InfoJunkie View Post
                  I was also recently tipped off to this which might help:
                  Need Help? Search Our Database Of Commonly Asked Questions | myhosting.com
                  No real information there. Besides, the Control Panel is severely crippled anyway - no options to change DNS records and no option to transfer OFF of myhosting.

Here is their FAQ on transferring a domain:

myhosting.com - Viewing external page at http://myhosting.com/wiki/Categoryomain-Names

HAHAHA!! Their idea of "transferring" a domain name is changing the DNS records. Not quite guys! Changing DNS records and actually transferring a domain is COMPLETELY different.

Comment

I just called support and they were quick to answer and quick to provide me with login information to change my DNS records. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                    X