Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
When was customer service OUTSOURCED???? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When was customer service OUTSOURCED????

I've been a customer of MyHosting for YEARS (without looking at my account, it has to be at least 7 years that I've been a customer). I originally choose them because of their GREAT service, but now I am re-thinking this.

I had to change my credit card on file to my business credit card. It comes from the exact same bank as my old card that was on file. It's still a Master Card. It's identical to my old card except for a different number. But for some UNKNOWN reason, I keeop getting an error message, saying that the "pre-authorization failed and the card was declined."

For 3 WEEKS, I got emails saying that I need to add another card to my account. I get this error every time I try. Have called customer service 3 times in a week, and RESOLVED NOTHING. I finally was forced to pay via Paypal, beacause not one person from customer service could solve the problem.

This problem will crop up each month when my payment is due because NO ONE CAN FIGURE IT OUT. Customer service has obviously been outsourced, and I would LOVE to know when that happened beacuse now it means I need to start looking for another hosting company that does not outsource.

What a HUGE disappointment. I have had excellent experiences with MyHosting for the last 7+ years. Sadly, that seems to be at an end. I requested a US phone number on the online chat and was told "that violates our policy." So I can't even talk to someone when I specifically request it??

Very poor service. MyHosting is not the company it was.

Originally posted by ebonykawai View Post
    I've been a customer of MyHosting for YEARS (without looking at my account, it has to be at least 7 years that I've been a customer). I originally choose them because of their GREAT service, but now I am re-thinking this.

I had to change my credit card on file to my business credit card. It comes from the exact same bank as my old card that was on file. It's still a Master Card. It's identical to my old card except for a different number. But for some UNKNOWN reason, I keeop getting an error message, saying that the "pre-authorization failed and the card was declined."

For 3 WEEKS, I got emails saying that I need to add another card to my account. I get this error every time I try. Have called customer service 3 times in a week, and RESOLVED NOTHING. I finally was forced to pay via Paypal, beacause not one person from customer service could solve the problem.

This problem will crop up each month when my payment is due because NO ONE CAN FIGURE IT OUT. Customer service has obviously been outsourced, and I would LOVE to know when that happened beacuse now it means I need to start looking for another hosting company that does not outsource.

What a HUGE disappointment. I have had excellent experiences with MyHosting for the last 7+ years. Sadly, that seems to be at an end. I requested a US phone number on the online chat and was told "that violates our policy." So I can't even talk to someone when I specifically request it??

Very poor service. MyHosting is not the company it was.
    I'd like to address some of your concerns. I am sorry for the trouble you've been having in getting a resolution to your problem.

If the credit card you are trying to add to your account is getting a declined message for the pre-auth then there isn't much we can do. That is the message our payment processor is getting from your bank. You should contact your bank to find out why the transaction was getting declined. If it is a brand new credit card you may need to activate it with your bank first.

We have some remote call center employees located throughout the world however they are all myhosting employees. There is no way for us to give out a direct line to a US call center # as the main number routes calls to available reps automatically. What *is* against company policy is for us to give out direct numbers to individual reps. Unfortunately due to the nature of our business and the way support centers are run direct calls to specific reps cannot be done. That should have no affect on the resolution of your problem and I will discuss with the customer service manager to see where we can improve on handling of tickets through multiple reps.

Comment

I have to say, in dealing with various tech companies over the years, I've never noticed a major difference in quality between overseas and domestic call centers. I've gotten a lot of great advice over the years from both US and foreign customer service professionals.

Comment

I agree

I have been a customer also since the beginning support was always there right away even in the early days before phone support. I would get a solution by email right away. I have 5 sites with myhosting.

For over two weeks my wife has had someone in Alaska trying to upload files to her account via FTP permission denied they are running on the cloud version. 2 nights agoI wanted to upload a gallery to my site using Fetch on a mac and have the same problem permission denied. I have not changed anything. have contacted support in the last two weeks for my wife's site and also mine.No Solution.

Comment

Working...
        X