Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
Wordpress Issues Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wordpress Issues

I've installed WordPress via the Application Vault and that's all fine. When I try to install a new theme I get an input field asking me for my host name, username, password, and connection type (ftp). All the fields are correct but I get this message when I try to install:

Unable to locate WordPress Content directory (wp-content).

When I check the directory (in ftp) I don't have any WordPress related files at all. Plus, within my ftp I can't even open most of the files that appear (siteapps, webapps, etc.) ... I'm locked out.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Hey mate. Here's how to install a theme from WordPress control panel > Appearance > Add New Themes.
    1. Log-in to your myhosting.com onCloud account at https://manage.myhosting.com /
    2. Click Select Subscription, and then click Select beside the subscription that contains your WordPress blog.
    3. In the left nav, go to Webspace > WebSpaces, and click Select beside the webspace that contains your WordPress blog.
    4. In the left nav, go to Webspace > FTP Access. Note the following settings:
      1. FTP Server
      2. FTP Login Name
      3. FTP Password
    5. In a new tab or window, log-in to your WordPress control panel.
    6. Go to Appearance > Add New Themes.
    7. Find the theme that you want to install, and click Install Now.
    8. In the form on the WordPress page titled Connection Information, use the following values from the FTP Access page in your onCloud control panel:
      1. Hostname: The FTP Server value.
      2. Username: The FTP Login Name value.
      3. Password: The FTP Password value.
    9. Ensure that the Connection Type is set to "FTP".
    10. Click Proceed.

Comment

I have the same problem, I don't know why. So I just add my theme from my computer with FTP tools.

Comment

Hey Nick,

I appreciate you getting back to me with this information. I've tried everything you've written and still cannot get it to work.

You've also written some directions that are not showing up on my managing page on the cloud. For example, you wrote:

-Click Select Subscription, and then click Select beside the subscription that contains your WordPress blog.-

Well, in my panel, I don't have anything that says "Subscription" or the ability to click "Select". You've also written:

-In the left nav, go to Webspace > WebSpaces, and click Select beside the webspace that contains your WordPress blog.-

Well, in the left hand side, I have Webspace but no "Webspaces" under that to select.

Be all that as it may, I can still get all the FTP information you request for me to input onto the Wordpress page and it STILL is not working properly.

I'm frustrated, but know I'll get this to work sooner or later (with your help).

Thanks, Joe

Comment

no ftp access to wordpress files

I just set up a wordpress installation on the domain washingtonislandhoney.com which is hosted by myhosting.com

I do not have FTP access to any of the wordpress files whatsoever.

I am used to being able to tweak everything as needed to create highly customized wordpress sites including php source edits and such.

In the traditional myhosting setup, the wordpress files appeared in the directory specified and were available for updating via FTP. In the initial oncloud setup, the wordpress files appeared in the 'siteapps' folder. Now, however, the latest wordpress install I just did no longer allows me to access the wordpress files. This constant changing around of things every time I create a new account is getting rather frustrating and annoying.

It does appear there is theme and plugin uploading available through the wordpress control panel. Why was it switched to only providing theme upload and plugin upload through the wordpress control panel, and no longer allowing us to directly edit all the wordpress files?

I really need this level of wordpress customization; is it hiding somwhere I cannot find it, can it be provided, or do I now need to find a different web host which will provide it to me after doing business with myhosting.com for over 10 years?
          Last edited by ticktock22; 2010-04-04, 10:28 PM.

Comment

http://myhosting.com/forums/myhostin...ess-files.html

Comment

Originally posted by joeytheg View Post
              I'm frustrated, but know I'll get this to work sooner or later (with your help).

Thanks, Joe
              Hey Joe. I'm sorry to hear that you're still having problems with this. If you send me one of these in a private message, I'll take a look and get back to you:
              Cheers,
              Nick

Comment

Nick,

I would love to send you a private message but of course, I do not have sufficient privileges to do so. I followed the instructions below (which I did a deep dive to find) to a "T", and I don't even get the same options in my user controls that the directions list. Does it have something to do with low/basic dollar level I paid for my plan?

I can't even send you a message with my login information so you can go into my account to help me with an issue that's been frustrating me for weeks. Uggggghhhhhh!

Can you please either allow me access to send you a private message or hell, just shoot me an email?

How do I send Private Messages?

Private messages work a little like email, but are limited to registered members of this forum. You may be able to include BB code, smilies and images in private messages that you send.

You may send a private message to a member of this forum by clicking the 'Send A Private Message' link in the private messaging section of your user control panel (more info), or by clicking the 'Send a Private Message' link in the drop down menu that appears in a member's posts when you click on their username.

When you send a message, you have the option to save a copy of it in your 'Sent Items' folder.

Comment

Nick,

I would love to send you a private message but of course, I do not have sufficient privileges to do so. I followed the instructions below (which I did a deep dive to find) to a "T", and I don't even get the same options in my user controls that the directions list. Does it have something to do with low/basic dollar level I paid for my plan?

I can't even send you a message with my login information so you can go into my account to help me with an issue that's been frustrating me for weeks. Uggggghhhhhh!

Can you please either allow me access to send you a private message or hell, just shoot me an email?

Email me! melissas@softcom.com and I'll shoot it to nick!

Comment

Have the same problem joeytheg had. Help!

I've installed WordPress via the Application Vault and that's all fine. When I try to install a new theme I get an input field asking me for my host name, username, password, and connection type (ftp). All the fields are correct but I get this message when I try to install:

Unable to locate WordPress Content directory (wp-content).

When I check the directory (in ftp) I don't have any WordPress related files at all. Plus, within my ftp I can't even open most of the files that appear (siteapps, webapps, etc.) ... I'm locked out.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------

Can anyone tell me if this issue was resolved. I can't seem to get started with this because there is no wp directory.

Comment

yes - please contact Customer service as we need you customer info to help solve this.
                      1 (866) 289-5091

Comment

Thanks Melissas. I did and they solved my problem

Comment

Access to directory /wp-content

Hi,

please post the solution to the discussed problem. I installed wordpress and also managed to install a new theme.

BUT: I do not have the possibility to find and access the wordpress directory. This is CRUCIAL as I need to change the theme, e.g. upload my custom logo to the "image" directory.

PLEAS HELP - it is urgent!!! And please do not tell me that I shall call support hotline as I am a customer from Europe!

Thanx a lot for contacting me!!!

Marc

Comment

Hi Marc,

I`ve submitted your problem to customer support.

24/7 In-House Phone Support For UK 0-800-680-0676, Germany 0-800-180-1596

Cheers

Comment

Hi, Marc!

Here is a wiki article that will assist you with finding the application directory you're looking for.

http://myhosting.com/kb/Accessing_th...tion_Directory

Let me know if you have any questions!

Originally posted by masha View Post
                              Hi,

please post the solution to the discussed problem. I installed wordpress and also managed to install a new theme.

BUT: I do not have the possibility to find and access the wordpress directory. This is CRUCIAL as I need to change the theme, e.g. upload my custom logo to the "image" directory.

PLEAS HELP - it is urgent!!! And please do not tell me that I shall call support hotline as I am a customer from Europe!

Thanx a lot for contacting me!!!

Marc

Comment

Working...
                              X