Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
Problems with Drupal Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with Drupal

What do you know...it is Friday...barely.

Greetings.

Acc'd to Drupal's Boost module:

Code:
    Boost    Cache path
    cache/perm/dawnswebdesigns.com/family/site: does not exist.
    Acc'd to Drupal's Mimedetect module:

Code:
    Mime type detection    File Extension
    MimeDetect is using the browser supplied filename for file extension lookups. It is strongly recommended that you install and configure the PHP Fileinfo Extension or the UNIX 'file' command to provide more accurate severside mime type detection.
    Otherwise I'm not sure what's the cause of this:

Code:
    Upload progress	Not enabled
    Your server is capable of displaying file upload progress, but does not have the required libraries. It is recommended to install the PECL uploadprogress library (preferred) or to install APC.
    Then there's this:

Code:
    * warning: file_put_contents(cache/perm/dawnswebdesigns.com/family/site/.boost) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/domains/dawnswebdesigns.com/docs/family/site/sites/all/modules/boost/boost.install on line 80.
        * warning: file_put_contents(cache/perm/dawnswebdesigns.com/family/site/.boost) [function.file-put-contents]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/domains/dawnswebdesigns.com/docs/family/site/sites/all/modules/boost/boost.install on line 87.
    I don't think there's anything I can do about it...not even the missing cache folder. This is no mod I can install. This is php which I know nothing about. Any help would be much appreciated.

Nick, are you out there nick?

Comment

yeah, I'd like some insights on that too, cause it seems Drupal's worth it if you can get beyond a few issues.

Comment

I'll ask our Operations department if they can install the php-pecl-Fileinfo package, which contains the PHP Fileinfo extension.

Unfortunately, anything that uses the Upload Progress library won't work. This post explains why.

I'm guessing that the warning about file_puts_content() relates to the first problem, regarding the cache directory.

For the first problem, is Drupal able to write to the cache/ directory?

Comment

I fixed the first & last problems. You just add a dir called cache. I can't remember if you have to chmod it or not. But you surely must create it & point that mod to it (Boost).

I've also got a new problem:

Code:
          Messaging PHPMailer	PHP Mailer missing
          HTML Mail requires the PHP Mailer class to properly send HTML Mail. Please download the 2.0 version and place the phpmailer folder in your messaging_phpmailer module directory. Rename the folder to "PHPMailer".
          I'll have to get back to you on the upload progress. Thanks.

Comment

PHPMailer needs to be installed into this directory in your Drupal site:
            sites/all/modules/messaging/messaging_phpmailer/PHPMailer/
            Make sure that you name the directories exactly like that, including upper-case characters.

PHPMailer can be found here.

Comment

Working...
            X