Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
Smtp problem - mailbox unaivailable Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smtp problem - mailbox unaivailable

I am configuring my new HYPER-V VPS, but when i try to send a mail i have:

Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: Rejected looks like spam score=6.7 required=5.0 trigger=5.0

This is my config file:
    <network host="smtp.vps.myhosting.com" port="25" defaultCredentials="true" />

The sender mail was created with Google Apps and i can send/receive mails without any problem.

thanks

Hi Leon251280,

Seems like your message detected as spam, Some anti-spam solutions apply Spam Score for each message. The more filters a message violates, the higher its Spam Score will be.

Hope this link helps;
    phplist forums &bull; View topic - Why are my messages being marked as spam

Cheers
    Last edited by suwunk; 2011-03-14, 08:23 PM.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.
      I try to send a simply text mail.

The smtp that rejected the mail is MyHosting's smtp.

I follow this guide:
      http://myhosting.com/wiki/SMTP_for_Virtual_Server

My domain is hosted on Godaddy and my mail was created with Google Apps.

I simpy add this mx-record:
      Configuring Your MX Records: GoDaddy.com - Google Apps Help

i can send and receive mail from my mail account without any problem.

So is MyHosting's smtp that rejected my mail; it seems that MyHosting's spam program not recognize my mailbox.

A.

Comment

Originally posted by suwunk View Post
        Hi Leon251280,

Seems like you message detected as spam, Some anti-spam solutions apply Spam Score for each message. The more filters a message violates, the higher its Spam Score will be.

Hope this link helps;
        phplist forums &bull; View topic - Why are my messages being marked as spam

Cheers
        Thank you for your reply but i am using MyHosting's smtp as explained here:
        http://myhosting.com/wiki/SMTP_for_Virtual_Server

So it is MyHosting.com's spam solution that reject the mail.
        My mail is a simply text file for test.

My account is registered on GoDaddy and i am using Google Apps webmail,
        so i configured this mx-records:

Configuring Your MX Records: GoDaddy.com - Google Apps Help

I have no problems to send / receive mail from client mailbox software.

Comment

Hi there,

If you get in touch with our Customer Support team and provide them some more details about the specific email, they can look it up in the system and try to find the exact reasons. But based on the message you quoted, it would appear that the email failed the SpamAssassin check we have on outgoing email, where the spam threshold is 5.0. You might want to have a look at your mailing and find some ways to reduce this below 5.0.

Comment

Originally posted by tima View Post
            Hi there,

If you get in touch with our Customer Support team and provide them some more details about the specific email, they can look it up in the system and try to find the exact reasons. But based on the message you quoted, it would appear that the email failed the SpamAssassin check we have on outgoing email, where the spam threshold is 5.0. You might want to have a look at your mailing and find some ways to reduce this below 5.0.
            you can try by yourself simply downloading Bmail from here:
            Command Line SMTP Mailer for Windows

i download the executable into c:\temp of my VPS then i type:
            bmail -s smtp.vps.myhosting.com -p 25 -t leon251280@gmail.com -f staff@atomicpeople.com -h -a "ciao" -b "body"

This is the result:
            Copyright(C) 2002-2004 Craig.Peacock@beyondlogic.org
            Opening connection to smtp.vps.myhosting.com [168.144.1.236] on port 25
            220 xsmtp08.mail2web.com ESMTP Exim Mon, 14 Mar 2011 18:26:07 -0400
            550 Rejected looks like spam score=6.6 required=5.0 trigger=5.0

My site was offline for three days because of you, tomorrow I want you to fix it or change my provider and ask for a refund

Comment

Hi Leon251280,

You can ask Customer Support for content analysis/SA scoring details of your message, something like this;
              Content analysis details: (6.70 points, 4.5 required)
              SERIOUS_ONLY (2.4 points) BODY: Serious Enquiries Only
              HTML_10_20 (1.1 points) BODY: Message is 10% to 20% HTML
              HTML_MESSAGE (0.1 points) BODY: HTML included in message
              MAILTO_LINK (0.1 points) BODY: Includes a URL link to send an email
              MIME_MISSING_BOUNDARY (0.5 points) RAW: MIME section missing boundary
              BASE64_ENC_TEXT (2.4 points) RAW: Message text disguised using base-64 encoding
              MIME_HTML_ONLY (0.1 points) Message only has text/html MIME parts
              I`ll submit your problem to myhosting staff for further investigation.

Cheers

Comment

Hi There,

Were you able to reach our Customer Support team?
                24/7 In-House Phone Support | myhosting.com

It is the best route to go for a specific issue like this, as they can look into your VPS and provide customized suggestions about your specific issues.

Based on the information you provided, here's a sample spam report:

Code:
                X-Spam-Status: Yes, score=6.7 required=5.0 tests=BAYES_40,FSL_HELO_NON_FQDN_1,
                	HELO_NO_DOMAIN,HTML_MESSAGE,HTML_MIME_NO_HTML_TAG,MIME_HTML_ONLY,MISSING_MID,
                	RDNS_NONE,TO_EQ_FM_DIRECT_MX,TO_EQ_FM_HTML_DIRECT,TVD_SPACE_RATIO
                	autolearn=no version=3.3.1
                X-Spam-Report: 
                	*  0.0 FSL_HELO_NON_FQDN_1 FSL_HELO_NON_FQDN_1
                	* -0.0 BAYES_40 BODY: Bayes spam probability is 20 to 40%
                	*      [score: 0.2662]
                	*  0.0 HTML_MESSAGE BODY: HTML included in message
                	*  0.7 MIME_HTML_ONLY BODY: Message only has text/html MIME parts
                	*  0.5 MISSING_MID Missing Message-Id: header
                	*  0.8 RDNS_NONE Delivered to internal network by a host with no rDNS
                	*  0.0 HELO_NO_DOMAIN Relay reports its domain incorrectly
                	*  0.4 HTML_MIME_NO_HTML_TAG HTML-only message, but there is no HTML tag
                	*  0.0 TVD_SPACE_RATIO TVD_SPACE_RATIO
                	*  3.2 TO_EQ_FM_HTML_DIRECT To == From and HTML only, direct-to-MX
                	*  1.1 TO_EQ_FM_DIRECT_MX To == From and direct-to-MX
                Essentially your outgoing email scores over 5 in SpamAssassin, which is the threshold for "Spam". As you can understand, we do not want to be labeled as a spam source on the internet, so we do what we can to sanitize outgoing email. It is in our best interest and the best interest of our customers.

Please contact our Customer Support team and they will be more than happy to assist you further.

Comment

Also, I should point out that even if we were to allow such mail out, the chances are very high that it would be rejected by the recipient's server, so it will only benefit you as well to try to format your email to have a lower score.

Comment

Working...
                  X