Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
VPS still down after three days and counting! Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VPS still down after three days and counting!

I partly blame myself for naively believing running a VPS server at a data center thinking reliability, redundancy & security are considered paramount not just buzz words put together by marketing. My VPS was one of the 30 containers running on the host node which suffered multiple disk failures on June 8. I am told the restore process is still ongoing due to data corruption. If my base backup which I am paying extra for is supposedly stored on a different system. How can data corruption be an issue? Why can't this be use to recreate my VPS and other clients as well on another host node. I would think this would have been a faster process. We need more details concerning this issue posted on the status blog.

I am kicking myself now for not having offsite backups! If you're already doing this I salute you! I have experienced better uptime when I was running a VPS at my residence. In the five years I have owned my home I have suffered only an hour of server downtime due to power outage. Now I am left with having to deal with irate customers until my VPS comes back online and a tarnished service image. What a painful lesson!

Hi,

I`m sorry to hear that you are having problems with your VPS. I`ll try to submit your problem to myhosting staff, i`m sure they will help you ASAP.

Cheers

Comment

Can you post your support ticket ID for me to look into this issue for you?

Comment

Case ID's

I have sent e-mails numerous times and made calls to support too. So there are a lot of case numbers to go over, here they are:

CASE # YEG-493695
        CASE # PFE-694852
        CASE # TRA-165087
        CASE # TMU-754514
        CASE # TRA-165087
        CASE # QIV-862694

I am already having a most difficult time trying to explain to clients that work is still being done to get the VPS operational which is hosting their websites. Three days of outage!

I just need to get to my /var directory so I can pull backups in there to re-store them to my own server. I can't wait any longer. Please help!

Comment

Newest case ID to add to the lists

Case #TJR-636326

Comment

Is it really this difficult for my hosting to restore from backup?

Three days or more to restore 30 VPS? Really??? Your blog states services will be back online shortly. Whomever posted that has no sense of time.

My Case ID's are as follows:

CASE # YEG-493695
            CASE # PFE-694852
            CASE # TRA-165087
            CASE # TMU-754514
            CASE # TRA-165087
            CASE # QIV-862694
            Case #TJR-636326 - most recent one.

I just need to get to my /var/backups directory to download my backups. Could you not expand my OpenVZ container then move the /var/backups folder onto an FTP site so I can download the contents? This will at least give me a chance to re-create my stuff onto another server while myhosting.com data center operations is trying to get the failed node up.

Comment

I see that your server was migrated to a new node and should not have any issues.

All of your content is available inside the /home dir and your backups are available in the /var/backups folder.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

Comment

Working...
              X