Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
Setting Up Email Accounts Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting Up Email Accounts

Greetings,

I've signed up for a Parallels Small Business Panel 10.2. I'm trying to add email accounts to my domain, but when I follow the instructions, there is a message saying "1 email addresses created out of 1 allowed".

When I was using shared hosting, I could create as many email accounts as I needed. It would seem odd that VPS would only allow one email account per domain.

Shane.

Hi Shane,

Have you tried to follow this tutorial?
    http://myhosting.com/hosting-tutoria...l-5-email.html

I think you should create public e-mail instead of personal e-mail for user

Cheers

Comment

Hi SGoodman,

It sounds like you don't presently have a license purchased for your panel. Small Business Panel is licensed based on the number of users so your purchased license will directly affect this.

If you need to purchase a license see our Knowledge Base article on purchasing and upgrading Plesk licenses (same method applies).

http://myhosting.com/kb/Adding_a_Ple....com_Plesk_VPS

Comment

Still Stuck

Originally posted by suwunk View Post
        Have you tried to follow this tutorial?
        http://myhosting.com/hosting-tutoria...l-5-email.html

I think you should create public e-mail instead of personal e-mail for user
        The host in the tutorial didn't seem to have the same problem I did - being able to only create one account.

The only user account is "admin", so I tried creating a public email address (by setting "assigned to" to "nobody"). However, I still get the same error message.

Originally posted by jeremya View Post
        It sounds like you don't presently have a license purchased for your panel. Small Business Panel is licensed based on the number of users so your purchased license will directly affect this.

If you need to purchase a license see our Knowledge Base article on purchasing and upgrading Plesk licenses (same method applies).

http://myhosting.com/kb/Adding_a_Ple....com_Plesk_VPS
        I followed the steps, but I get a message saying "No License Classes available".

I'm still confused. On shared hosting, I can set up as many email accounts as I need. How can I be only restricted to one on VPS?

Shane.

Comment

hi Shane,

I'll explain first and provide you a solution second

Explanation:

You're not technically limited by the VPS product, you're limited by the license for the Control Panel that comes with the selected plan. Parallels Small Business Panel is a proprietary control panel built, owned and licensed through Parallels. We offer this control panel as a Reseller of its features and functionality. Our portion of the service is that we install and support it on VPS.

If you wanted to, you could SSH into your VPS and install and configure as many mailboxes as you like but they could not be maintained through the easy to use Control Panel Parallels provides.

Not all control panels incur this user based limitation either, but they do all require a proprietary license in order to make use of more than one instance of anything within the panel.

Solution:

I've checked your account for you though and notice that you do actually have the basic 1 user license so purchasing a new license isn't required. What you need to do is simply upgrade your existing license. Do so using the following instructions (this is in the same licensing tab mentioned previously):

http://myhosting.com/kb/Upgrading_yo...nCloud%28tm%29

In actually, we no longer actively offer Small Business Panel but still support those active customers with the Control Panel. Instead, we highly recommend switching to Parallels Plesk 10 Control Panel that comes with our "Plesk VPS for Business" plans. (see Business Plesk VPS Optimized for Linux and Windows VPS Hosting | myhosting.com)

Comment

Setting up Email

Pricing for the upgraded license is:
            • 1 User for PVC - $6/month
            • 5 Users for PVC - $9/month
            • Unlimited Users for PVC - $12/month
            So, does paying another $6/month give me “1 User” (2 total)? Does this apply for each domain (up to ten)?

I was given a free license for Plesk Power Pack. Would that help?

Before Small Business Panel I was using Plesk Panel 9.3.0. It was extremely complicated. I like Small Business Panel 10.2, but Parallels has killed it. If there was a product similar to Small Business Panel, I would be interested.

Thanks,
            Shane.
            Last edited by sgoodman; 2011-10-26, 09:43 PM. Reason: added version numbers

Comment

You currently have the first license mentioned. If you upgrade to the 5 user license you'll be paying only the difference (downgraded price for 1 user, and upgraded price for the 5 user license). Unlimited works the same. So essentially each license tier is an additional $3.

The newest versions of Plesk (Plesk 10) in power user mode works near identical to Small Business Panel with a very similar interface. They are essentially merging the two products but with Plesk licensing model.

In terms of the licensing, the real advantage (if you use alot of email or have a lot of users) is no limitation on users. Plesk licensing is based on number of domains you can create within Plesk (which presents different limitations).

in Plesk the licensing is priced:

10 Domains - $3
              100 Domains - $6
              Unlimited Domains - $11
              Hosting Suite - $11 (includes 100 SiteBuilder and 1000 Plesk Business Manager users)

Comment

Setting up Plesk

What version of Plesk comes with Plesk VPS for Business? Is it 10.3?

Thanks for the pricing. The following page says the "Plesk VPS for Business License" is included with Plesk for Business. Can you confirm this?

If you go to the following page and click the "Linux - Plesk" tab, it lists "Unlimited E-mail Accounts" under "E-mail Supported Features". Can you confirm this?

My subscription expires on November 11th. If I decide to upgrade, how can I turn off auto-renew for my existing subscription, and sign up for Plesk for Business?

Thanks,
                Shane.

Comment

Plesk 10.3 is presently the version the comes with Plesk VPS for Business on CentOS and Debian. On Windows, the current version is 10.2.

With that plan, you get the 10 Domain License for Plesk. This license limits you to 10 domains, but you can create as many email users as you like (they must all be listed on one of those 10 domains however).

I would recommend that you signup the new account, get everything migrated over, then manually cancel the other account rather than allow it to expire. Allowing it to expire doesn't inform us that you necessarily want it cancelled directly so we keep things active. To ensure full cancellation and no confusion, issue a cancellation request when you've completed your move.

Comment

Working...
                  X