Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
httpd.conf interface for centos? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• httpd.conf interface for centos?

I am slowly working my way through the setup of my VERY interactive website - I went to VPS because I need to do things that my shared hosting service wouldn't let me do (including using procmail to intercept return emails - not autoresponders and cron jobs of php command line scripts).

Right now, I can't get shtml or php to work from my website, although an html file in the same directory displays correctly and the shtml file displays as html (just doesn't include the includes). PHP just wants to download itself to my laptop.

My next step was to check the httpd.conf file, but when it opens as a notepad file, it's impossible to read. Is there a gui interface for this file and where would I find it. I'm finding navigation in plesk to be a real crapshoot.

If you have a VPS with Plesk installed i highly recommend you make any modifications through Plesk.

That said, it sounds like PHP isn't enabled for your domain hosting. Depending on the Plesk version you're using the instructions for enabling PHP for your website is slightly different in the Plesk GUI.

For Plesk 9.x
    From the Plesk 9.x admin panel click Domains > Click the domain you want to modify > click Web Hosting Settings. This page will display php and SSI features and their current status (enabled or disabled) just add check marks to the ones you want to enable and click OK and your webspace will be configured.

For Plesk 10.x
    From the Plesk 10.x admin panel, access your domain name subscription in Power User view by clicking Subscriptions > and click Control Panel beside the subscription you want to modify.
    From Power View, click the Websites & Domains tab. Then click on the domain link itself at the bottom of the page. This should take you to a screen called Hosting Settings and allows you to turn on available features including PHP and SSI, just add check marks to the ones you want to enable and click OK and your webspace will be configured.

Hope that helps!

Comment

Working...
    X