Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
Changes not taking effect Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changes not taking effect

Greetings,

I made a change and restarted Plesk and Apache, but the changes aren't taking effect. Should I try restarting the container?

Thanks,
    Shane.

Changes not taking effect

Jeremya,

These are my browser versions...

Internet Explorer 9.0
    Firefox 8.0
    Chrome 16.0.912.63

After restarting the container, the server uptime was reset (for the first time). The changes are still not taking effect, however.

Shane.

Comment

You can certainly try rebooting, can't hurt right? It may also be worth noting your browser version since Plesk support for firefox is a bit behind to my understanding.

Comment

Changes not taking effect

The end goal is to have a browser store my username and password.

I wasn't aware that updates were made to Plesk. For example, will my 10.3.1 version be upgraded to 10.4?

A possible work-around is to store the username and password in the bookmark... which would look something like this...

https://168.144.28.60:8443/login_up.php3?username=admin&password=password

Thanks,
        Shane.

EDIT: This should post #5. The posts are out of order, and I'm not getting notified of new posts. I think it is because the forum time is wrong. Does anyone else have this problem?
        Last edited by sgoodman; 2011-12-21, 01:12 PM. Reason: Incorrect time

Comment

What is the end goal here? If you want an easy way to store your password and login quickly you could try third party services like roboform or lastpass? Might be overkill to modify your Plesk installation especially since any updates may simply overwrite them. I don't see any other alternatives online at this time other than the instruction you found but even that has had little success (one user notes it does resolve storing the username).

Comment

Changes

There is a new blog post that says myhosting.com provides security patches. Do you also do upgrades? For example, will my 10.3.1 version be upgraded to 10.4?

Thanks,
            Shane.

Comment

At this time, we don't provide major upgrades of Plesk, but this may change. There are quick command lines you can run to achieve the upgrades but I would recommend sticking with the included version. Your panel will still receive micro updates automatically which will patch security issues.

Comment

Working...
              X