Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
cacti Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cacti

Hi all,

I am thinking of installing cacti on my Debian 5 - any views on this?

Thanks

Check this out!
    [HOW-TO]Install cacti 0.8.7d on debian 5.|Cacti Official Forums and Support

Comment

Ok thanks. Also more here...
      Cacti Installation and configuration in Debian

Comment

How about CentOS? This is the one that I most certainly trust. https://imagicon.info/cat/15-33/smile.png

Comment

Cent OS is good

http://www.imgsnatch.com/img/n/9.jpg

Comment

When installing cacti in Debian 6 it asks

Code:
            Please provide the password for the administrative account with which this package should create its MySQL database and user. Password of the database's administrative user:
            Attachment

I interpret this to mean the password of the MySQL root user but after entering this I get
            Code:
            ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES).
            Attachment

So does this mean that Cacti is looking for a user called 'root' as opposed to the root user (who might go by a different name)? If so maybe this won't work because Plesk has renamed my user 'root' to 'admin'. So maybe I need to rename the user 'admin' back to 'root'.

Thanks
            Attached Files

Comment

Try this, If you have root password:
              $ mysql --user=root -p
              Enter password:
              You can do the following to reset your root password:
              /etc/init.d/mysqld stop
              mysqld_safe --skip-grant-tables &
              mysql -u root
              mysql> use mysql;
              mysql> update user set password=PASSWORD("newrootpassword") where User='root';
              mysql> flush privileges;
              mysql> quit
              /etc/init.d/mysqld stop
              /etc/init.d/mysqld start
              Edit include/config.php and specify the database type, name, host, user and password for your Cacti configuration.
              $database_type = "mysql";
              $database_default = "cacti";
              $database_hostname = "localhost";
              $database_username = "yourusername";
              $database_password = "yourpassword";
              Change yourusername on $database_username with your sql username.

Cheers
              Last edited by suwunk; 2012-07-29, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Hi Juc,

I'm not sure what Cacti is looking for particularly, but i would recommend creating a second user of the db called root before renaming it back. Plesk can be a finicky beast.

Comment

Originally posted by jeremya View Post
                  Hi Juc,

I'm not sure what Cacti is looking for particularly, but i would recommend creating a second user of the db called root before renaming it back. Plesk can be a finicky beast.
                  OK thanks. Anyway if I mess something up can I restore the VPS to its original state?

Comment

Hi Juc,

Yes, Linux VPS can use Virtuozzo Power Panel to restore a VPS back the template original. You would need to purchase backups if you want state backups.

Comment

Hi Juc,

Yes, Linux VPS can use Virtuozzo Power Panel to restore a VPS back the template original.
                      I have tried this but it does not seem to work - I get 'Please wait while Parallels Plesk Panel is being configured inside your VPS' but then it seems that my VPS has not been restored to its original state. Can I find a record of this in any log ie that re-initialisation has succeeded or failed?

Thanks

Comment

Hi Juc,

Unfortunately, there's not much troubleshooting we can do for re-initialization issues from onCloud in this forum. Please contact the myhosting.com support team for help they should have a proper and timely solution for you.

Comment

Hi Juc,

Unfortunately, there's not much troubleshooting we can do for re-initialization issues from onCloud in this forum. Please contact the myhosting.com support team for help they should have a proper and timely solution for you.
                          Ok but a more general question without getting into the details of this case - does my Parallel Plesk Panel 10 have a log of significant events somewhere?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by juc1 View Post
                            Ok but a more general question without getting into the details of this case - does my Parallel Plesk Panel 10 have a log of significant events somewhere?

Thanks
                            Yes, there are numerous log files at:

/usr/local/psa/admin/logs/

including:
                            -------------
                            panel.log
                            sitebuilder.log
                            httpsd_access_log
                            httpsd_access_log.processed

Probably more if you have activated additional plesk panel services.

Comment

Working...
                            X