Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

myhosting.com Forum Guidelines

Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums! The purpose of this forum is to allow you to discuss topics relating to hosting and topics of interest with other myhosting.com Customers. The primary focus should relate to issues not generally included in our Wiki or Control Panel, or information not provided by our Customer Support Team. Some examples include programming and coding support, web site design ideas and SEO practices.

The forum is not meant as a replacement to our Wiki or Customer Support. We highly recommend searching our Wiki before posting on the forum. Also, if you have a question for our Customer Support team, please contact them as you would normally.

We ask that if you have any complaints or questions relating specifically to your account, that you address them to our Customer Support department. Do not post personal account information such as passwords or other sensitive and private information the forum, as this type of information is best kept secret. Also, please be respectful of other users and refrain from defamatory comments or use of coarse language.

We will visit the forum from time to time, and contribute to various topics. We reserve the right to delete any posts which are deemed offensive or against the spirit of the forum. Any spamming or illegal activity will not be tolerated. We also reserve the right to block any user who violates these guidelines.

To get started, we welcome you to sign up at our User Management site. Any account created there will have access to these forums, our Wiki, our Ideas site and commenting permission on our Status Blog.
See more
See less
Zend Debugger will not load Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zend Debugger will not load

Greetings,

I'm trying to set up remote PHP debugging with Zend Debugger (I tried installing Xdebug, but it conflicts with ionCube Loader). I've followed the instructions for Linux. For example, I've added the following lines to the end of /etc/php.ini:

PHP Code:
    zend_extension=ZendDebugger.so
    zend_debugger
    .allow_hosts=173.181.57.148
    zend_debugger
    .expose_remotely=always 
    I don't have the full path to ZendDebugger.so because it's in extension_dir (/usr/lib64/php/modules).

After restarting Apache, there isn't anything different in phpinfo(). Also, I can't find any problems in the Apache error log (/var/log/httpd/error_log). Does anyone have experience with this sort of thing?

Thanks,
    Shane.
    Last edited by sgoodman; 2012-12-06, 02:49 AM. Reason: grammer fix

Hi Shane,

I think this following line needs the full path to the Zend Debugger binary
    zend_extension=ZendDebugger.so
    Example:
    zend_extension =/opt/Zend/php-5.3.x/ZendDebugger.so
    zend_extension="/etc/php5/apache2/ZendDebugger.so
    Cheers

Comment

Hi Shane,

Which OS machine are you running again?

Just looking around a bit, i see here: Zend Forums • View topic - Sticky Notes: Setting Up Zend Debugger that ioncube loader can be prolematic with zend debugger aswell :S

---
      "Zend Debugger may not load, crash or produce errors when used in conjunction with some other Zend Engine extensions. The most common examples are Zend Optimizer, Zend Loader, ionCube Loader and XDebug. For Zend Optimizer or Zend Loader it is recommended to use Zend Extension Manager, which will fix these compatibility issues. In case of ionCube Loader and XDebug make sure that Zend Debugger is loaded after these extensions. The loading order is defined by the order of corresponding directives in the configuration files. Therefore, the best approach is to add Zend Debugger directives at the very end of php.ini."
      ---

That said, i would focus on getting it to run locally on your VPS before attempt to access it externally as that may require vhosts and various configurations that may conflict with Plesk (which i believe you run as well?).

Best bet is enable it locally per directives in the article above and view it through over ssh with curl or similar to make sure its actually responding properly.

Comment

Zend Debugger will not load

PHP says that extensions in extension_dir are dynamically loaded. However, I added the full path, just to be safe:

PHP Code:
        zend_extension=/usr/lib64/php/modules/ZendDebugger.so 
        I'm running CentOS 5.5 x64.

I can't set up local debugging because I don't have PHP installed on my laptop. And I don't think I even want to try installing PHP on Windows, because I want to debug in the same environment that the users will be using.

If the debugger isn't loading, shouldn't there be an error message in a log file somewhere? I've already checked the Apache logs (/var/log/httpd/) but couldn't find anything.

If I were to actually get it loaded, there wouldn't be any other configuration changes, except for my local Aptana installation. I don't believe it would conflict with Plesk.

Thanks,
        Shane.

Comment

Have you seen this article: KB Parallels

Its specific to ionCube loader but explains the ins and outs of such extensions on a plesk server. Plesk does play a significant role in how php and apache are run so i do believe this must be taken into account. Unfortunately, i haven't configured zend myself.

Comment

Ah, this may also help. Try running "PHP -m" to see if there are any issues with your modules. Re: PHP 5.3.5 With Zend Debugger - Stack Overflow

Comment

Zend Debugger will not load

Originally posted by jeremya View Post
              Ah, this may also help. Try running "PHP -m" to see if there are any issues with your modules.
              I was able to see the error message by using "php -m", which was:

Code:
              Failed loading /usr/lib64/php/modules/ZendDebugger.so:  libssl.so.0.9.8: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
              Now that I had an actual error message, I could start troubleshooting...

It appears that Zend Debugger looks for the libssl.so.0.9.8 Shared Object, which is actually a very old version. For some reason it doesn't see the current version, libssl3.so. I was able to do a work-around by creating a symlink between the two. An actual fix would be up to Zend to do.

Thanks for all the help.
              Shane.
              Last edited by sgoodman; 2012-12-21, 07:14 PM. Reason: clarification

Comment

Working...
              X