Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums.
You can ask customer support to activate this domain hosting feature. myhosting Customer Support team will be happy to assist you with this. You can contact them at email@example.com, or by phone at 1-866-289-5091
Originally Posted by tochabu
Host Multiple Domains on a Singe Account
I am trying to find out how to be able to have the content of the website on domain.org appear when someone tries to browse domain.com, domain.us or domain.net. I have registered all 4 of them with myhosting, and have the website on the .org url.
According to this: Host Multiple Domains On a Single Account | myhosting.com, it is free and included with all hosting plans.
So far, I have not been able to discover how to do this.
Thanks for your response. I have asked them twice how to do this, and they replied as follows both times:
1) log into your control panel via manage.myhosting.com
2) click on all domains
3) click on add existing domain registered elsewhere
4) input the domain and details and follow instructions to complete adding the domain
The domains are already registered and in my account, so trying to "add existing domain registered elsewhere" fails because it already exists.
I sent another request asking them to activate the domain hosting feature, and the reply was that they will need to move the domains from other accounts. I am still not any closer to having the url of the other domains that I have registered be redirected to my main website. I'm not sure if I am missing something obvious.
Originally Posted by suwunk
You can use Domain Alias
Or use Domain forwarding
Browse to your control panel at https://support.myhosting.com
Enter your domain name and password and click on the Log in button.
Click on Site Management.
Click on Web Site Tools.
Click on Forwarding.
Select which service you would like to manage
Modify as you wish.
Alternatively you can also set-up 301 redirection manually
please let me know if it works for you or if you still have this problem
Last edited by suwunk; 2011-05-15 at 09:14 PM.
When you log into your account and click on "All Domains", do you see all of the domains listed there?
Originally Posted by tochabu
If so, then you should be able to proceed to the next steps....
1. Click on the domain name you want to work with, and find the section called "Web Hosting".
2. Click "Add Hosting". From the "Subscription" drop down list, choose the hosting subscription you want to associate your domain with. If you have only one subscription then it will be the only option. Then click "Next".
3. If it is a Linux/Apache webspace and you want to point your domain at the root, type "/" in the location field. If it is a Windows/IIS webspace and you want to point your domain at the root, leave the location field blank.
4. Click "Next" and then "Finish".
You can do the same for multiple domains/sub-domains, and point them to the root or any sub-directory that you wish.
Hope this helps!
It is actually very easy once you understand what you are doing. I did receive a timely reply from support that explained this, and I just now had time to reply here. The domains work exactly like I wanted them to work - actually even better. In the past, I redirected domains, but this changed the url in the browser to the domain you were redirected to. Using the multiple hosting feature, the browser url does not change, although the content of the other site is shown.
By Randy5 in forum Virtual Server
Last Post: 2011-02-24, 04:27 PM
By WrigleyF in forum Virtual Server
Last Post: 2011-02-24, 03:09 PM
By caz23 in forum Beginners
Last Post: 2010-11-20, 09:52 AM
By PotsNPans in forum Showoff
Last Post: 2010-08-25, 02:27 PM
By wuxinren in forum Troubleshooting
Last Post: 2010-06-28, 11:23 AM
Tags for this Thread