Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums.
General Failure on Outlook
I haven't been able to open any email links on Outlook lately. It keeps saying "General Failure." What gives?
This is a known bug, and has been for years. It occurs when Firefox is your default browser and some glitch (or program) changes that default. Thankfully, there's a fairly easy fix, though it does involve monkeying around in the Registry.
(Note: These instructions apply to Windows Vista and 7 only.)
1. Click Start, type regedit, and then press Enter.
2. Navigate to the following entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FirefoxURL\shell\open\ddeexec
3. In the center pane, double-click the Default entry, then remove whatever value is there (it'll probably be a weird string of numbers and commas).
4. Click OK, then exit Regedit.
5. If Outlook and/or Firefox are open, close them, then restart them.
Details: Fix Outlook 'General Failure' Error for E-Mail Links | PCWorld
By Randy5 in forum Troubleshooting
Last Post: 2011-07-11, 09:13 PM
By JRIINC in forum Troubleshooting
Last Post: 2010-12-30, 08:14 AM
By Rusher in forum How-To
Last Post: 2010-06-29, 01:09 PM
By toddf in forum Troubleshooting
Last Post: 2010-01-05, 05:50 PM
By Karasy in forum Off Topic
Last Post: 2008-05-29, 03:48 PM