Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums.
- A black exclamation point (!) on a yellow field indicates the device is in a problem state. Note that a device that is in a problem state can be functioning.
- A problem code explaining the problem is displayed for the device.
- A red "X" indicates a disabled device. A disabled device is a device that is physically present in the computer and is consuming resources, but does not have a protected-mode driver loaded.
- A blue "i" on a white field on a device resource in Computer properties indicates that the Use Automatic Settings feature is not selected for the device and that the resource was manually selected. Note that this does not indicate a problem or disabled state.
- A green question mark "?" in Device Manager means that a compatible driver for this device is installed, indicating the possibility that all of the functionality may not be available. Note that this applies only to Windows Millennium Edition (Me).
Troubleshooting Device Conflicts with Device Manager
Device Manager issue
What should you do when you see a yellow '!' next to a device in Device Manager? I don't know how to get Windows to explain the specific issue to me.
By WrigleyF in forum Troubleshooting
Last Post: 2011-11-24, 03:49 PM
By jeremya in forum Virtual Server
Last Post: 2011-11-17, 05:45 PM