Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums.
Windows update hosed my VM
I have a Windows Server 2003 VPS and decided to run Windows Update. Bad idea. My IAS Jet Database service is not functioning and whenever I attempt to run a program, I get an error, "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000017). Click on OK to terminate the application."
The only reason I bring this up here is because I had a different VM once before and the same thing happened when I did a Windows Update. Call me stupid for doing a Windows Update after having an issue before, I was hoping that previous instance was a fluke, I was wrong.
Anyone have any ideas on this issue? I am searched Google up and down and haven't found any possible solution. It is too unique of a situation; Windows Server 2003, VM, Parallels, etc...
Please help if you can!
Unfortunately, you may need to uninstall the updates.
With Virtuozzo VMs, you do not have fully access to the Operating System. The OS is in fact shared among all VMs on the host machine so performing updates if possible would affect all VMs on the machine.
If you would like full access i would highly recommend our HyperV based VPS services (.NET Developer VPS with Windows 2008 and Hyper-V | myhosting.com) . HyperV actually provides a separate entire install of the Operating System per VM so you can make such changes to the OS as you see fit.
I have your VPS and have been unable to access it for over a week due to what your techs say is a "problem in your data center since you are doing some upgrades" that has blocked most of your ports. Fortunately, the VPS is still serving websites, and email. But I cannot log in to Plesk at all so am unable to add any new sites, or change the info on existing. No new FTP accounts, no new email addresses.
My clients and I are very unhappy.
I've spoken to our techs and from what I understand a port issue arose with Plesk over the weekend which has disabled direct access to the Plesk control panels. Our techs have a ticket open with Parallels and they have issued a patch which we are verifying before deployment which should resolve the issue and we should be able to implement it sooner than later.
Is this still an issue, or are we go for launch?
Tags for this Thread