Welcome to the myhosting.com Forums.
VPS Reseller Advice
I have been a reseller (shared servers) for a while now, and it's worked out for the most part. I really would like more control so I am thinking heading towards a VPS.
A few questions for a VPS newbie:
1. Right now, I host about 30 websites (all ASP.NET applications). How do I know how much memory and CPU to get?
2. Are VPS plans hosting multiple websites slower than being on a shared server, or faster?
3. How do you handle backups? Is this something you do yourself via your own backup software? Do you download it locally on a schedule?
4. What is included as far as support goes? Are they responsible the same way they would be on a shared service?
Thanks in advance!
1. With 30 sites, it is hard to say how much RAM you are going to need because it varies greatly with how busy the sites are, how large the databases are, etc. Virtual Private Servers are highly scalable: You can scale your VPS server to fit the growing needs of your websites and applications.
Additional IP $1.50 per IP / month
Additional CPU $3.00 per CPU Fraction / month
Additional RAM $2.00 per 512 MB / month
Additional Disk Space $1.00 per 20 GB / month
Additional Bandwidth $1.00 per 300 GB / month
Compare VPS Plans Offered by myhosting.com | myhosting.com
2.More than your typical shared hosting environment however, a VPS server shares hardware and network connections while providing dedicated privacy, performance and flexibility.
VPS Hosting: Virtual Private Server Hosting | myhosting.com
3.Compare VPS Plans Offered by myhosting.com | myhosting.com
Disaster Recovery Backups: Incremental backups are taken ever second day, and full backups are taken weekly, for disaster recovery purposes.
Manual backups:Additional Backup storage for manual backups is available in 20 GB increments. Create full, base or incremental backups whenever you want, on-demand or setup schedule backups for automated recurring backups.
4.24/7 Silver support: All myhosting.com customers have access to 24/7 Silver Support by our friendly and tech savvy in-house support team.
24/7 In-House Phone Support | myhosting.com
By Rusher in forum Virtual Server
Last Post: 2011-03-17, 08:26 AM
By auryn in forum Beginners
Last Post: 2011-02-17, 06:17 PM
By Randy5 in forum Virtual Server
Last Post: 2011-01-26, 05:12 PM
By EnderXi in forum Virtual Server
Last Post: 2010-08-12, 08:13 AM
By Bills2SuperBowl in forum Beginners
Last Post: 2010-05-04, 08:55 PM
Tags for this Thread