How to Use WebMail in Plesk 9.5
| Reference Number: AA-01020 Created: 2012-09-20 20:44 Last Updated: 2012-10-09 11:00
0 Rating/ Voters
Using WebMail in Plesk 9.5 for VPS
Click here for a video tutorial
How to use webmail in Plesk.
This tutorial assumes that you have already logged in to Plesk.
Now let's learn how to learn webmail in Plesk.
- Click the Mail Accounts icon.
- Click the Mail Settings icon.
- Let's choose the WebMail client application Horde using the WebMail drop-down menu.
- When ready, click OK to save the changes.
- That's it! We've successfully configured the mail settings for the selected domain.
- Now let's go to Horde webmail interface and log in.
- Type in your full email address.
- Enter the mailbox password in the box.
- Then click Log in.
- We're now logged into the webmail program Horde, for email@example.com.
- Let's click on the Options icon.
- On this page there are several options for configuring your webmail appearance.
- We're not going to change any options now, though you may feel free to alter any of them later.
- Click the plus sign next to "Organizing" to expand the menu.
- Click the Address Book link.
- Horde Webmail comes with an address book, which you can use to store the commonly used email addresses.
- Let's add a new contact to our address book. Click New Contact.
- Now let's add this contact's name and email address to the address book.
- Enter any additional information you want for this new contact.
- Scroll down.
- When finished, click the Add button.
- Success! We've just added a new contact to the address book.
- Let's go to our Inbox now.
- Now let's go through sending an email. Click New Message.
- Instead of typing a recipient's email address, let's choose one from our address book.
- Click OK when finished.
- Now complete the rest of the email.
- Scroll down.
- In the Attachments section, you can locate and attach a file to your message.
- Click Send Message now.
- The new message has been successfully sent.
- Let's navigate to the sent-mail folder to make sure.
- Here is the message we just sent.
- Click the Folders link.
- Let's create a new folder here.
- Enter the name of the new folder and click OK.
- The new folder has been created. Now let's go move a message into the new folder.
- Select the message to be moved.
- Select the folder you want the message moved to, and click the Move link.
- That's it! The message has been moved to the new temp folder. Let's check to make sure that it's there.
- We are now looking in the temp folder, and here is the message we just moved.
- Now let's delete the message by selecting it and click the Delete link.
- That's it! We've successfully deleted the message and it has been moved to Trash folder.
- Let's check to make sure it's there. Here it is!
- When finished with Webmail, click the Log Out icon.
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know how to use webmail
(Horde) in Plesk. Remember that you can choose a different than Horde
webmail client application with Plesk and use webmail for any email
account you created from within Plesk.