Setting up Password Protected Directories in Plesk 10 for VPS
Plesk 10.1 is not yet offered, please refer to Plesk-VPS 9.5 KB articles for existing myhosting.com services.
Click here for a video tutorial
Password protecting a directory is useful if you want only a
select few people to be able to access it using the login info you
1. First go to Websites & Domains.
2. You may need to Show Advanced Operations.
3. Click Password-protected Directories.
3. Click the corresponding Manage link next to the domain.
4. Choose this icon.
5. Enter the directory name here.
6. Click OK.
- Now that the directory has been created, we need to create users each with their own username and password.
7. Select the directory.
8. Click Add New User.
9. Choose a username and password and enter them in these boxes.
10. Click OK.
The user account for access to the protected Directory was
created successfully. Feel free to create a user for each person you
want to be able to access the directory.
Note: You may need to restart apache service for password
protection to start working fully. This is also accomplished by
rebooting the server.