Creating and Managing User Roles in Plesk 10 for VPS
Plesk 10.1 is not yet offered, please refer to Plesk-VPS 9.5 KB articles for existing myhosting.com services.
Click here for a video tutorial
User roles allow you to configure how much access each type of user has to your hosting subscription.
1. Go to Users.
2. Click User Roles.
3. These are the predefined user roles that are automatically
created by Plesk. You can review and modify them, or you can create your
own custom roles.
4. Use this button to create a new role.
5. Type the role name.
6. Now we can grant this user group specific privileges.
- Privileges are what let you allow or deny access to each user group. By default all privileges are set to denied.
7. Click OK.
8. The new role we created shows up in the list and is ready for use.
9. Click on a role name to edit the permissions.
- This is where you can edit the role's name and its various privileges.
10. Click OK to save.
11. Now that our roles are set up, they can be assigned to users, which you'll see how to do in other tutorials.