Turn off Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration
| Reference Number: AA-01137 Created: 2012-09-21 08:46 Last Updated: 2013-04-01 21:55
0 Rating/ Voters
Turn off the extra security in IE
trying to use the web browser, several actions are being blocked,
hindering the download of important files. The error message reads
"Content from the Web site listed below is being blocked by the Internet
Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration." How can the Internet
Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration be disabled on Windows 2003
Server or Windows 2008 Server?
On Windows Server 2003
- Go to Control Panel
- Open "Add or Remove Programs"
- Select "Add/Remove Windows Components"
- Uncheck the checkbox labeled "Internet Explorer Enhanced Security Configuration" and click "Next"
- Close all Internet Explorer browsers.
- Open a new browser to attempt the download again.
On Windows Server 2008 & Windows Server 2008 R2
In order to disable the enhanced security configuration you must do the following:
- Close all IE browsers.
- Open the "Server Manager"
- Click on the top item in the tree labeled "Server Manager"
- Open up the "Server Summary" tab.
- Open the secondary tab named "Security Information"
- Locate and open the "Configure IE ESC" link on the right of the window
This is the window that you will use to control IE ESC. You can turn IE
ESC on or off for the Administrators group, the User group, or both
groups. When you have finished configuring the IE ESC, press OK and
close the server manager. Now open up a new browse, the browsers home
screen should say, "Caution: Internet Explorer Enhanced Security
Configuration is not enabled". If it does not say this go back and check
to make sure you have followed the steps correctly, if it does say that
you have successfully disabled IE ESC on your Windows 2008 Server.
On Windows Server 2012