| Reference Number: AA-04960 Created: 2013-07-30 20:25 Last Updated: 2013-07-30 20:29
0 Rating/ Voters
For more information about the StopTheHacker services available from myhosting.com, please visit http://myhosting.com/stopthehacker/.
Activating Your Service
that although your Subscription may be active, you will still need to take a moment
to enable your StopTheHacker scanning service. You can do so by following
- Log into your myhosting.com Control Panel with your username and
- From the drop-down menu in the top-left corner, select your StopTheHacker subscription.
- Click on the StopTheHacker tab, then click on the Create
- Type in the domain name or sub-domain that you want to scan.
Don't include the 'http://' or any slashes or file names. For example, you
can type in: mydomainname.com. Then verify that your email address
is correct, and click Next.
- You can then verify your details, and click Finish when
you are ready to proceed.
- The status indicator will indicate Loading for a few
moments, then display the menu for "General" and
"Settings". You can click on the General link, and you
may notice that your service is still provisioning. After a minute or two,
you can click on the Refresh link in the top-right corner of the
page. When provisioning is complete, the status will indicate Ready
and you will see a link on the page to the StopTheHacker
- Please note that it will take some more time for your first
scan to run. While you are waiting for it to complete you can check for
the following email notifications.
After a few hours, you can log in to your StopTheHacker
control panel to see the results of your scan. If you want to adjust
notifications or other settings, click on the Service Settings to
- Account Setup Confirmation - This email is to confirm your
email address is valid, and has a link which you can use to set your
StopTheHacker control panel password. You will need to do this so you can
log in and view your reports and configure other aspects of your service.
- New Account Password Activated - After you have set your
password, you'll receive an email indicating as such.
- New Service Activation - This is an informative message that
tells you your first scan is underway.
Notice for Business & Business Plus Subscribers
There are some additional validation steps that are required for both StopTheHacker Business and StopTheHacker Business Plus, which include inserting a META HTML tag on your website to validate ownership. Please ensure you login to your StopTheHacker Panel and view the alert notifications to obtain the details for your account.