Managing IP Addresses within your Plesk 10 VPS
Plesk 10.1 is not yet offered, please refer to Plesk-VPS 9.5 KB articles for existing myhosting.com services.
Click here for a video tutorial
1. To manage IP addresses, go to Tools & Utilities.
2. And then IP Addresses.
- Here you can add IP addresses, remove them, switch them between
Shared and Dedicated, and set their default SSL certificates and
- If you're running Plesk on a VPS, many of the IP management features will be disabled. This is a limitation of VPSes in general.
3.Let's change this Exclusive (or Dedicated) IP into a Shared IP.
4. It's as simple as clicking this icon. We'll change it back.
- Note that you can only do that if no Resellers or Domains are using the IP.
5. Let's assign this dedicated IP to a reseller, which will allow them to use it or give it to one of their customers.
7. Choose a Reseller from the list then click OK.
8. To deassign this IP address from this reseller, click the checkbox then click Deassign.
9. Confirm the removal.
10. Let's return to the IP Addresses page.
- Again there are no Resellers or Domains assigned to the
exclusive IP address. We're going to change that to show you this final
11. With that done, click the link under Domains.
12. To assign one of the domains that uses this IP address as its default domain, select the domain, then click Set as Default.
- The domain we selected is now the default for this IP. This
means whenever someone accesses the IP, that's the website they'll see.
This is the end of the tutorial. You now know all about managing IP addresses in Plesk.