Adding Blackberry service to your plan
First you must add the blackberry resource to your hosting plan so
that you can add it to 1 or more exchange accounts (you would need to
add the Blackberry resource for the number of exchange users you wish to
use within your account).
- Login to your control panel at https://manage.myhosting.com
- Click on Account
- Click on Buy Additional Resource
- Click on the button beside the plan you wish to add the blackberry resource/service to and click Next
- Find Blackberry Service in the list and increase the number of units you would like to purchase then click Next
- Review your Sales Order, select your Payment Method and then click on Place Order
Adding Resource to Exchange account
- Login to your customer control panel at https://manage.myhosting.com
- Click on Exchange Email
- Click on Mobile Devices
- Click on Blackberry Accounts
- Click on Add New Account
- You will see which accounts already have Blackberry Service, and
you can Add New Accounts, if you still have additional Blackberry
- Click next after selecting a user
- Select the optoins such as password then finish
To activate the BlackBerry Enterprise Service for your device, your
Account Administrator or Director will need to log into the
myhosting.com Control Panel to sign up for the service. Once your BES
service has been activated you will be presented with a page that
contains both activation instructions as well as your activation
password. The instructions and password will also be sent to the
Administrator's email address.
From the BlackBerry home screen select the “Enterprise
Activation” icon. If you do not see this icon, go to “Options” and then
select “Advanced Options” and finally “Enterprise Activation”.
You will then be prompted to enter your Exchange Email address
along with the Enterprise Activation password you were given when you
signed up for the BlackBerry Service. Then click the trackweel or
trackball and select “Activate”.
Your BlackBerry Enterprise Service will then begin to activate.
It will take a number of minutes to enable and download everything over
the air to your BlackBerry device.
When activation is complete you will see an alert on your device.
Click on “OK” to finalize the activation and begin using your
All mobile devices manufactured by RIM are supported on the
BlackBerry Enterprise Server service. You must be a subscriber of the
myhosting.com hosted Exchange email services to activate our BES
System requirements include:
- Currently supported handhelds, including all BlackBerry devices.
- BlackBerry Internet Service (BIS) data/airtime subscription
from a Wireless Service Provider with support for BlackBerry Enterprise
- Features such as wireless contact synchronization, HTML Email,
Document Search, Documents To Go and other advanced features require a
BlackBerry device with upgraded firmware. myhosting.com does not provide
support or software for device firmware updates. Please contact your
service provider for updates.
If you are having trouble activating your BlackBerry under our service, please try one of the following suggestions:
- The enterprise activation password is only valid for 48 hours
from the time it is set. If you have waited more than 48 hours, before
activating your handheld, please request a new password from the control
- Make sure to enter your email address and password correctly under Enterprise Activation.
- Make sure your Wireless radio is On (it is on the Home screen) and you have network coverage by your wireless operator.
After checking these, please try again.
Old Items Appear During Activation
During the activation process, the Blackberry Enterprise Server will
pre-populate emails from last 5 days, up to 200 messages, by default.