Creating and Managing Email Accounts in Plesk 10 for VPS
Plesk 10.1 is not yet offered, please refer to Plesk-VPS 9.5 KB articles for existing myhosting.com services.
Click here for a video tutorial
1. Start by going to the Mail tab.
- E-mail accounts are associated with a domain, which is then associated with a subscription on your Plesk account.
2. Click Create E-mail Address.
3. Type the first part of the e-mail address.
- If you have several domain names on your account select the domain name under which the e-mail address will be created.
- The domain names in this list are associated with the active
subscription shown here. If you don't see the domain you want, try
choosing a different subscription.
4. Specify the mailbox size if you want it to be different than the default size as defined by the service provider.
5. Choose a password and type it in these two boxes.
6. Click OK.
Once you have created an e-mail address, you can edit it by clicking on it.
This page shows the same settings we saw when first creating the account.
7. Click Forwarding.
- For each e-mail account you can set up an e-mail forwarding
service that will send copies of all incoming messages to the specified
8. Email Aliases are alternative e-mail addresses that are associated with a primary e-mail address.
- All mail sent to e-mail aliases will be received by the primary e-mail address.
9. For each e-mail account you can switch on the automatic response
service, which will send a predefined e-mail message in reply to any
incoming e-mail message.
10. The spam filter detects spam messages sent to the e-mail
address, and, depending on the chosen settings, deletes them, moves them
to the spam folder or marks the messages as spam.
11. The antivirus service blocks e-mail messages that contain viruses and notifies both the sender and the recipient.
- These tabs will be covered in more detail in the following tutorials.
12. Click OK to save any changes.
13. To configure the mail service settings that Apply to all domains created under a subscription, click Change Settings.
- You can switch the mail service on or off. If the mail service is switched off, e-mail messages cannot be sent or received.
- When somebody sends a message to an e-mail address that does not
exist under your domain, the mail server, by default accepts mail and
processes it and when it finds that there is no recipient under the
domain, it returns the mail Back to the sender with an error message.
- You can choose to bounce the message back to the sender with a
message you specify, forward the e-mail to another address, or reject
the message without notifying the sender.
14. We'll leave it as Reject and click OK.
That's it! Now you know how to create and manage e-mail addresses
and change the mail settings for each subscription on your account